Lure of the Temptress - PC CD rom

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Smothermunchie

Lure of the Temptress - PC CD rom

Post by Smothermunchie »

Greetings all!

So I'm looking to purchase a copy of this game but am coming up terribly short in my quest to find it.

Ebay only has one version available to buy but it's on disks and I know of no one that still has a floppy drive.

Any pointers to lead me in the right direction will be rewarded with much karma!

Thanks. :)
MetaFox

Re: Lure of the Temptress - PC CD rom

Post by MetaFox »

I'm not sure if you're aware, but Lure of the Temptress was released for legal download by Revolution. It can be found at the ScummVM download page:

http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php

If you want the CD for collection purposes, the disc is not sold anywhere new anymore I'm afraid, as it's now freeware. Ebay, Game Trading Zone, and the like are the only places it would still be sold.
Smothermunchie

Post by Smothermunchie »

Thanks MetaFox, I did not know that.

I guess that makes me happy? :?

Well, are there any notable differences between the freeware version and the CD?

And yeah, half the enjoyment for me is just in collecting junk. :)
clem

Post by clem »

Smothermunchie wrote:Well, are there any notable differences between the freeware version and the CD?
nope, seems to me it only is a CD with ~5mb worth of files (identical to the floppy version)

as for floppy games on PCs without floppies - I bought Countdown on 5 1/4" disks from a shop a few months ago and I asked them if they could burn the files to CD for me too which they gladly did
Smothermunchie

Post by Smothermunchie »

as for floppy games on PCs without floppies - I bought Countdown on 5 1/4" disks from a shop a few months ago and I asked them if they could burn the files to CD for me too which they gladly did
Thank you clem for that excellent suggestion! It never would have occurred to me on asking for such a favor from a seller.

Perhaps I can finally get myself a copy of Gold Rush! this way. :)
Collector

Post by Collector »

Smothermunchie wrote:Perhaps I can finally get myself a copy of Gold Rush! this way. :)
The Software Farm