Igor: Objective Uikokahonia is now Freeware

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

LOGAN

Igor: Objective Uikokahonia is now Freeware

Post by LOGAN »

November 29th 2007 during the Adventure Developers Online Conference 2007 Pendulo Studios announced in the forums that they decided to make "Igor: Objective Uikokahonia" freeware.

"As many people asked, we decided to make IGOR freeware. Sooo, it's official now I guess."
"You're welcome guys, hopefully many people will be able to play the game now."

Although no information is available on the Pendulo Studios official website as the website covers only Runnaway 1, 2 and Monsters Inc. it's still straight from the horse's mouth.

http://www.adventure-eu.com/forum/index ... 6.msg11812
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

drool

where are the linksssss to the english talkie?

:-)
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

I dont think any links have been released yet.

This is good news for the future support for the game
Im going to wait until pendulo give some links out before
I download it.

cant ever trust these old gamezzzz sites
Rob
raina

Post by raina »

Hopefully they'll release the sources on request as well for ScummVM assimilation.
clem

Post by clem »

raina wrote:Hopefully they'll release the sources on request as well for ScummVM assimilation.
There's already a wip engine in ScummVM, though I don't know how far development has progressed - http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Igor: ... ikokahonia
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

Raziel wrote:drool

Is there an english talkie? and are there already official links to any version?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

SuperDre wrote:
Raziel wrote:drool

Is there an english talkie? and are there already official links to any version?
Yesssssss :-)
Now, during the course of writing this review (that, for one reason or another, was delayed over and over again for what seemed to be an eternity), I came across the Spanish CD-ROM version and found the voices being regular, without ever being annoying or sounding too inspired, although I didn't try the CD-ROM by Optik Software with English voice-overs because it's simply one of the most difficult to find versions of any game.
taken from here
Pixman

Post by Pixman »

Wha thappened to this freeware request?

I don't see any downloads, yet :( Too bad. And this was 4 years ago!
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Seems they didn't get around releasing it yet
koima57

Post by koima57 »

Sorry for bumping this again so soon, is there no official update about Igor freeware release ever since this 2007 announcement?
Anyone from the ScummVM team being close to Pendulo Studios may have some more informations to share? Many thanks.
tumbleweed

Post by tumbleweed »

Does anybody know anything about that issue? I still cannot download it, but I am thinking that maybe with the free release the source code can be requested if that is true
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

The last status I got is: the game is freeware but not available on their site, and the original sources are lost. The engine written by cyx is working great but using some on-the-fly interpreter of the executable assembly, and this technique has been rejected.

The standalone engine of cyx is available there: http://cyxdown.free.fr/igor/
I can't tell where it's possible to download a legal freeware version, as it's not on Pendulo's site, and as Pendulo isn't answering my mails.

I even suggested them to make an dump of my original CD with a legal disclaimer, but I got no answer either. Tell us if you find it :)
tumbleweed

Post by tumbleweed »

Strangerke wrote:The last status I got is: the game is freeware but not available on their site, and the original sources are lost. The engine written by cyx is working great but using some on-the-fly interpreter of the executable assembly, and this technique has been rejected.

I can't tell where it's possible to download a legal freeware version, as it's not on Pendulo's site, and as Pendulo isn't answering my mails.

I even suggested them to make an dump of my original CD with a legal disclaimer, but I got no answer either. Tell us if you find it :)
Thanks for trying it already. I'll try again sooner or later to speak with them. As I am spanish it will be more personal to communicate with them I hope. By the way, does the english talkie version really exist?.
Muyfa666

Post by Muyfa666 »

Strangerke wrote:The last status I got is: the game is freeware but not available on their site, and the original sources are lost. The engine written by cyx is working great but using some on-the-fly interpreter of the executable assembly, and this technique has been rejected.

You actually have the original CD with english speech? That's awesome. I thought it kind of didn't exist... :-)
tumbleweed

Post by tumbleweed »

Wow! I did not infer that, but are you sure is the english talkie version?