Amiga King's Quest and Space Quest downloadable again.

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Dwyloc

Amiga King's Quest and Space Quest downloadable again.

Post by Dwyloc »

http://www.back2roots.org/ the original and best site for free legal download of Amiga games is back online.

As such you can now freely download the Amiga versions of Kings Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest and Leisure Suit Larry again, but please remember they are still under copyright so you are not allowed to redistribute them in anyway (including offering them for download on other sites).

You can also download hundreds of other Amiga games free of charge from the site to play with an Amiga emulator such as winUAE or a real Amiga if you still own one.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

I'd like to stress that these folks obtained legal rights to offer these games from their site. So as long as you don't redistribute them, go and play :)

Eugene
Dwyloc

Post by Dwyloc »

And the best part is with the help of ADF View (http://www.viksoe.dk/adfview/) you can extract the files from the adf images and play the supported games with scummvm.
Charlii

Post by Charlii »

Anyone know a MacOsX app that can do the same?

/Charlii
Arantor

Post by Arantor »

Well, I don't know the state of the UAE port to Mac, but if you can run the UAE Amiga Emulator in a Mac environment, you should be able to boot up Workbench, mount a directory on your Mac to DH0: on the Amiga side and then drag and drop files.

I know this process works in principle - it can be used for example on the Infocom games also on BTTR to enable them to be opened in WinFrotz and co. I can't remember if the Sierra games came on standard disks but to be HD-installable I assume they'd have to be.
Dwyloc

Post by Dwyloc »

Arantor wrote: I know this process works in principle - it can be used for example on the Infocom games also on BTTR to enable them to be opened in WinFrotz and co. I can't remember if the Sierra games came on standard disks but to be HD-installable I assume they'd have to be.
Yes that approach works fine as well as the old sierra come supplied on standard Amiga OFS formatted disks.

The only reason I didnt recommend using UAE or WinUAE is using them requires a little knowledges about using an Amiga.
Retrogamer

Post by Retrogamer »

This makes me wish I still had my Amiga! I remember playing SQIII on it and thinking how pretty it looked.