Wee.. have a look at what I just bought (FM Towns)

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

laffer

Wee.. have a look at what I just bought (FM Towns)

Post by laffer »

I've been looking for these games for some time and I finally have them all. I especially like Zak, Indy 3 and Loom as those are the ones with rather big changes. However, the poster that comes with Indy 4 is decent too :p

Thanks a lot to the creators of scummVM! It's awesome to be able to play these games using that.. especially since I can't seem to make the FM Towns emulator work on this PC.

Anyway, here's a picture -

iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

I hate you.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

iPwnzorz wrote:I hate you.
forum rule #4 and #5 ;)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

The true question at hand is: How much did you pay for all of it?
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

PsYcO wrote:
iPwnzorz wrote:I hate you.
forum rule #4 and #5 ;)
It's sarcasm, PsYcO. And is not spam, it is relevant to this conversation, I am talking about the fact he has all these originals.

==Post Refrase==
Aww dang, a whole collection of originals? Well done!
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

i know, thats why i put a smiley in there...
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

PsYcO wrote:i know, thats why i put a smiley in there...
moderatorial: PsYcO, stop trolling
laffer

Post by laffer »

clone2727 wrote:The true question at hand is: How much did you pay for all of it?
Yeah, I'd rather not answer that :x

However, I don't think I paid more than what is generally asked for these games (in fact I know I didn't, I have a collector friend helping me out so I don't let myself get ripped off).
clem

Post by clem »

haha, that zakku makkurakken box art is crazy :)

I wonder what Guybrush would look like manga-style
laffer

Post by laffer »

Is that what it says (can you read harigana) or did you make that up? :lol:

Yeah the box art is really craptastic for that game but the game is much better looking and much better sounding than any other versions of the game that I've played.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

ill be honest, personally i think the original is crazier... his holding a fish bowl with hair that makes him look like his jumped in the tank with the poor gold fish, then jumped out and went to the local bakery to buy some French bread. the manga version looks like his at a picnic and about to get laid.

@laffer, surely it must just a translated version of 'Zak McKracken: and the alien mind benders'...
laffer

Post by laffer »

No, when the Japanese write foreign words, they use what is called the hiragana. Basically, it's made up of various sounds and they go with what sounds closest to the real word. That's why it often sounds very odd when Japanese people occasionally say English words in anime and the likes.

And of course I much prefer the original box art.. the FM Towns box art is crap if you ask me.

clem wrote: I wonder what Guybrush would look like manga-style
Pretty much like every other manga/anime character would be my guess :D
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

laffer wrote:No, when the Japanese write foreign words, they use what is called the hiragana. Basically, it's made up of various sounds and they go with what sounds closest to the real word. That's why it often sounds very odd when Japanese people occasionally say English words in anime and the likes.
dont they get American/english voice actors for that?
laffer

Post by laffer »

No, I mean the characters themselves (the main ones) often say English things occasionally.

Anyway, this is off topic and I'd like this thread to stay open :)
Ender
Retired

Post by Ender »

laffer wrote:Is that what it says (can you read harigana) or did you make that up? :lol:

Yeah the box art is really craptastic for that game but the game is much better looking and much better sounding than any other versions of the game that I've played.
Honestly, whilst the redrawn 256-color graphics are fantastic (check out the manga eyes in the Kanji version :)... I personally prefer the original music/soundfx - the digital samples just don't do it for me, I find the traffic noises in Zak' apartment downright annoying ;)