Best program to develop a new adventure to be used with SCUM

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rivadolmo

Post by rivadolmo »

:shock:
So finally if I want to develop a new adventure and be sure it works with SCUMMVM the only tool I may use is SCUMMC (the problem is that is not complete)?

It's too bad that we have a wonderfull multiplatform player (SCUMMVM) and we do not have a tool to develop new projects!

:wink:
bramvandijk

Post by bramvandijk »

or you can make AGI games, they will work woth scummvm too. It puts limits on the possibilities, but they can be quite good, see for example this one.
rivadolmo

Post by rivadolmo »

Do you have a link for AGI home page?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

rivadolmo wrote:Do you have a link for AGI home page?
AGI Studio

Fan made AGI games
Last edited by Raziel on Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

bramvandijk wrote:or you can make AGI games, they will work woth scummvm too. It puts limits on the possibilities, but they can be quite good, see for example this one.
Heh, thanks for the link, always looking for good AGI games :-)

edit: Hmm, visually impressive for an AGI game and the story so far is interesting too
Thanks again for the link
rivadolmo

Post by rivadolmo »

:cry:

Too bad Scumm seems stucked in its development.
AGI seems well structured a little too light on the graphic side (only 16 colors mode).

So finally at the moment there's no tool to develop an adventure with minimum 256 colors.

I'll begin anyway on storyboard and wait if SCUMMVM will support some new tool like AGS or Wintermute.

I'm eager to see my project running from my PC to my PSP or DS.

Thanks to everybody for the support on this quest :D
robinwatts
ScummVM Developer

Post by robinwatts »

rivadolmo wrote: AGI seems well structured a little too light on the graphic side (only 16 colors mode).

So finally at the moment there's no tool to develop an adventure with minimum 256 colors.
There is a hack called AGI256 that allows AGI games to be authored with 256 colour graphics. ScummVM supports this hack.

So use that, and you can author ScummVM compatible adventures in 256 colours. Best of luck!
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

@rivadolmo

You can get a "working game" from here

Only one big screen, but it has 256 colors alright
and may give you the idea of what is possible

Good Luck from me too
rivadolmo

Post by rivadolmo »

:lol:

I'll follow your suggestion!

I'll try a little project to see what's the result.
I'll post here my try (screenshots).

Thanks dude!

8)
rivadolmo

Post by rivadolmo »

:shock:

Is WinAgi including all the patches (256 colors and and 320*200 resolution) of AGI Studio?
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

eriktorbjorn wrote: Of course it's possible. Someone even seems to have started on one, though I don't know what its status is. But I haven't heard any of the ScummVM developers express much of an interest in one.
Dream come true! AGS failed me, it was closed-source. But this... Woah.
eriktorbjorn wrote: In fact, they tried to shut us down once, about five years ago.
ScummVM is benificial for LucasArts buisness and they wanted you to stop? That's rather strange really.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

iPwnzorz wrote:ScummVM is benificial for LucasArts buisness and they wanted you to stop? That's rather strange really.
no, lucasarts adventure games are no longer being produced(and sold by), ergo they don't make anything from scummvm...

they are just being overprotective of there work, witch seems a little stupid, since theres no real reason to protect it
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Things like the Bounty Pack should give them money right? Also being able to play the old Monkeys would get more people to buy MI4, same with Broken Sword.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

iPwnzorz wrote:Things like the Bounty Pack should give them money right? Also being able to play the old Monkeys would get more people to buy MI4, same with Broken Sword.
unfortunately, there not in production any more, ie there not in print, all bounty packs are sold, any money LA is likely to get is long gone. remember, ebay sales do not count towards LA's net profit
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

I'm sure I've seen MI4 in Game recently... I better shut up before this turns into one of those long, tedious forum debates.