Drascula in subversion

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sanguinehearts

Drascula in subversion

Post by sanguinehearts »

Just noticed Drascula has been added to the engines directory
in subversion, What is the current state? partially playable?
I remember hearing That talks were being made with the developers of the game for release of source,
Did this happen or is it a reversing attempt.
If its reversing I have a copy of the game I can donate
to someone willing to work on it, Who is working on it anyway?
I can donate if source has been released too but only if neccesary. Its a UK budget version.
Cheers
Robert
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Drascula in subversion

Post by eriktorbjorn »

sanguinehearts wrote:Just noticed Drascula has been added to the engines directory
I don't have the game myself, and I don't know what the plans for it are, but as far as I can tell what's currently in SVN is little more than the barest minimum of code needed to add a new engine that does absolutely nothing. It can detect some versions of the game, but it doesn't know anything about what to do with them.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Drascula in subversion

Post by sev »

sanguinehearts wrote:Just noticed Drascula has been added to the engines directory
I remember hearing That talks were being made with the developers of the game for release of source,
Did this happen or is it a reversing attempt.
If its reversing I have a copy of the game I can donate
to someone willing to work on it, Who is working on it anyway?
I can donate if source has been released too but only if neccesary. Its a UK budget version.
It's just a skeleton with detection, no real game-related code have been committed.

Yes, we finally (sic) acquired original source codes. Also we got first high-res background. So the task will be to improve original graphics too.

Aquadran is doing all work. I don't remember exactly, does he have version besides Spanish. I'll ask him.

Eugene
jumnle

Post by jumnle »

Great to know you're working for supporting Drascula. If Alcachofa Soft gave you the original source code and backgrounds, are there any possibility of making a freeware release of the game, once support for it is completed?
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

jumnle wrote:Great to know you're working for supporting Drascula. If Alcachofa Soft gave you the original source code and backgrounds, are there any possibility of making a freeware release of the game, once support for it is completed?
It seems that is the goal.
jumnle

Post by jumnle »

The Madventurer wrote:It seems that is the goal.
Any idea about what languages could be released? Looking at the subversion repository, the source code includes a lot of the game text in english.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Interesting. May you elaborate a bit?

Eugene
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

its excellent to see how far this has come along in such a short time, its easy to see why ScummVM won the best project
for gamers
Thank you :)
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

sev wrote:
Interesting. May you elaborate a bit?

Eugene
You are member of the ScummVM Team knows it a lot better than me, but it seems Drascula will be released as freeware and ScummVM will support some kind of hi-res backgrounds ;)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

The Madventurer wrote:it seems Drascula will be released as freeware and ScummVM will support some kind of hi-res backgrounds
And how exactly did you end up to such a conclusion? Purely out of speculation? :?
petr

Post by petr »

md5 wrote:And how exactly did you end up to such a conclusion? Purely out of speculation? :?
http://www.adventure-eu.com/forum/index ... _next=next
jumnle

Post by jumnle »

petr wrote:
md5 wrote:And how exactly did you end up to such a conclusion? Purely out of speculation? :?
http://www.adventure-eu.com/forum/index ... _next=next
Very good news :) . According to what was said by the developers in that link, the game will be released as freeware in five different languages. I suposse that includes spanish and english versions, and I think I have read somewhere that the game was translated into italian, too. In what other languages was translated? (maybe french and german?)

I have to look for my spanish version. I have not played Drascula for a lot of years.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

is this the game in question?

http://www.gamershell.com/pc/drascula/screenshots.html

looks like it could be a large download, if its going freeware:)
jumnle

Post by jumnle »

That page has mixed info about Drascula and Dracula. But yes, the game would be big (it has cd audio tracks). Look the official web:

http://www.alcachofasoft.com/web/esp/We ... ascula.htm (in spanish)
fac

Post by fac »

jumnle wrote:That page has mixed info about Drascula and Dracula. But yes, the game would be big (it has cd audio tracks). Look the official web:
Maybe not, if the audio track were in mp3/ogg (since ScummVM doens't support CD audio tracks).