SMF files for Lola dialogue editor

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Vag

SMF files for Lola dialogue editor

Post by Vag »

Hello.
I have now translated all the dialogue files for Flight of the Amazon Queen in Greek.
For each one (except two), I had to create an SMF file to make it easier to translate.
(The editor uses the SMF files to show the messages in a custom, logical order, instead of the order they are in the file.)

You can download the files from the GreekRoms webpage.
Direct link here.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Hey, nice work Vag :)
Must have been a pain to translate all those dialogs properly :shock:
Vag

Post by Vag »

md5 wrote:Hey, nice work Vag :)
Must have been a pain to translate all those dialogs properly :shock:
Thank you!
You are right, some jokes have meaning only in english.
I think I did a great job with them though :-)
I have corrected some typos and mistakes, there shouldn't be many now.
I just have to play the game 1-2 times, give it to a friend of mine to test it, and then the text will be finished.
We are planning to make a greek talkie as well, I have found the Joe King voice, and two more volunteers. We are four in total (at least 31 characters talk in the game).

Also, I have been editing the PCX files (not all finished yet). I found out that Photoshop and The Gimp can edit these files, but the new ones don't work with the game (The Photoshop ones have a wrong palette and the Gimp ones make ScummVM crash). I had to copy the original PCX header and copy it to the new PCX with a hex editor, to make them work.

Also, after Gregory Montoir explained two things about .BBK files (they are sprites files), I managed to extract the graphics as raw graphics that can be opened with Photoshop!
No palette though, only greyscale. They can be edited, but I'll try to make a program that extracts the .BBK graphics as BMP files with the original colors. The program will be named "Faye" :-)
(There are also .ACT files that have graphics in them, they are animations).