HIGH RESOLUTION SCUMMVM ICONS - CHECK EM OUT!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

cool, I enjoyed playing openquest in ScummVM, I hope more people decide they are going to make ScummC fan games.

it might look better if you get the openquest logo from within ScummVM using the HQX2 scaler, it should smooth out the image.
MapleSyrup

Post by MapleSyrup »

sanguinehearts wrote:it might look better if you get the openquest logo from within ScummVM using the HQX2 scaler, it should smooth out the image.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that.

Here's another AGI game.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Very nice!

I really gotta get that KQ4 one done...
MapleSyrup

Post by MapleSyrup »

Here's the Open Quest icon using the graphics scaler.

sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

nice one, do you plan to make any more?
crazy_achmed

Post by crazy_achmed »

Your icons are great, nice work. Do you have planned to create some discworld icons?
thanius

Post by thanius »

MapleSyrup wrote:Image

LSL: Nice work, although I would like to see some alpha transparency - I hate jaggy contours.

OpenQuest: HQX2 is the devil's work, ugly as sin. If there isn't any high resolution art for the game, go with the low resolution and resize. My 2c.
RetroScurvy

Nice idea, great work

Post by RetroScurvy »

Thanius & co - Many thanks for these icons! I feel alot of love (and spare time?!) in this forum :D

Will now start applying them...
RetroScurvy

Umm...

Post by RetroScurvy »

Oh, they look SO so so fine ;D That Scumm games folder has long been the most treasured folder on my HD but now it looks like it... Might I bother you (whenever you have time) for some Elvira/Waxworks icons...? Thanks again ;)
mandark

Post by mandark »

hi!

i've made icons for all 131 games in my current DOS-games-collection, many of them also supported by scummvm. they are mostly edited from cover-scans of the game-boxes. every single icon-file includes the icon in several size/color-combinations up to 256x256px RGB.

in case anybody is interested:
i've uploaded them on megaupload here.
in the zetafleet.com-forum i've also uploaded a list of the games, for which icons are included in this package.

the icons are looking best at a size of 128x128px at least. they are not very readable at lower sizes. with 256x256px you can admire them in all their magnificence.
raina

Post by raina »

On a completely off-topic note, inspired by that megaupload link, here's a mini rant. This is in no way an attack against you or any individual user, but a worried observation of the state of the Internet (i.e. The Tubes): I often find myself infuriated and baffled by these annoying file sharing websites with their ads, timer countdowns, CAPTCHAs, registration invites, dead links, quotas and restrictions based on internet addresses, cookies and geographical areas, summa summarum: bullshit. It's understandable that BIG files are tougher to host, but whatever happened to "Hello, I'm your Internet Service Provider, here is your web space"? Does this concept not exist anymore?

EDIT: By the sound of it, you've put quite some effort into this. I'll probably be checking out the icons later. After that outburst I just can't bring myself to clicking the link right now. ;)
Last edited by raina on Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

That's a good point. Back in dial-up-only days pretty much every ISP gave you some webspace, right? I guess now that websites are more file-size demanding they seemed to have cut it. My ISP doesn't give me any webspace but gives me 5 email addresses......I'd gladly trade them all in for some server space.
MapleSyrup

Post by MapleSyrup »

I created an icon for Dragon History.

And tried to de-jaggy my Leisure Suit Larry icon a little bit.

sanguinehearts wrote:nice one, do you plan to make any more?
Thanks. I plan on making more. I have an extensive ScummVM game collection, and I'd eventually like to have icons for all of them.

I'm working on Discworld 2 next.
Last edited by MapleSyrup on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.
MapleSyrup

Post by MapleSyrup »

Here's my Discworld icons:

Discworld:

Discworld 2:
MapleSyrup

Post by MapleSyrup »

Here's an icon for King's Quest IV.