HIGH RESOLUTION SCUMMVM ICONS - CHECK EM OUT!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Pitfall81

Re: HIGH RESOLUTION SCUMMVM ICONS - CHECK EM OUT!

Post by Pitfall81 »

Hi all ,

I know iam a little late but is there another place where I can get these awesome Icons ?
The Photobucket Link dont work anymore.

Greetings Pitfall
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

The photobucket link given by MapleSyrup still works for me.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

These icons are also still accessible on the internet archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20150607012 ... org/icons/

Also, since there are now several new games supported that don't have proper high res icons yet I thougt I'd share some of my own creations to complement the collection:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/n9nedbt ... mmVM_Icons

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

enjoy
Last edited by thedoc on Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pitfall81

Post by Pitfall81 »

The web archive Link works for me ..

Thank you so much guys for the fast answer and the incredible work on the Icons .

Greetings
SupSuper

Post by SupSuper »

Hey everyone, we're creating an official game icon repository for future ScummVM features and we need your help! If you ever wanted to contribute to ScummVM but couldn't find anywhere to apply your design skills, now's your chance. Check the link for more details.

We considered just using the icons from here but most authors aren't active anymore and we don't wanna use anything without permission, so decided to start with a clean slate. Feel free to submit icons you've already made but note the format requirements are different, so consider it a chance to update any old work. We'd also welcome any templates or style guides that would help future contributors and keep everything consistent (eg. to drop shadow or not to drop shadow).
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

SupSuper wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:39 pm Hey everyone, we're creating an official game icon repository for future ScummVM features and we need your help! If you ever wanted to contribute to ScummVM but couldn't find anywhere to apply your design skills, now's your chance. Check the link for more details.

We considered just using the icons from here but most authors aren't active anymore and we don't wanna use anything without permission, so decided to start with a clean slate. Feel free to submit icons you've already made but note the format requirements are different, so consider it a chance to update any old work. We'd also welcome any templates or style guides that would help future contributors and keep everything consistent (eg. to drop shadow or not to drop shadow).
Great idea, but most of my icons are 256x256px - are 512px contributions a requirement or is that optional?
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I found some of my source files. Let's see what I can do.
SupSuper

Post by SupSuper »

thedoc wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:07 am Great idea, but most of my icons are 256x256px - are 512px contributions a requirement or is that optional?
Discord requires at least 512x512, but most of the time they show up small, like this:
So if you don't have the source files anymore, you can just resize them.
pnwkayaker

Post by pnwkayaker »

I'm a newbie here - I use the IpadOS version of ScummVM (compiled it myself following the instructions).

How do I get to use these awesome icons? Do I need to add them in some folder prior to compiling ScummVM or copy them along with the datafiles?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

pnwkayaker wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:07 pm I use the IpadOS version of ScummVM [...] How do I get to use these awesome icons?
These icons will be useless to you for the iPadOS version of ScummVM. ScummVM only uses the icons for the discord integration and for the taskbar integration (to show which game is running in both). But neither of those is available on iOS/iPadOS.
Buff

Post by Buff »

thanks for sharing!
Steffenfield

Post by Steffenfield »

These are wonderful.

Am I to understand though that they can't be used with the Android port?