Lure of the Temptress - Actually supported?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

iPwnzorz

Lure of the Temptress - Actually supported?

Post by iPwnzorz »

Once again (and as usual) I'm confused. Is the Lure of the Temptress ACTUALLY supported in SVM?
clem

Post by clem »

if by "supported" you mean "officially supported" then no - the news item doesn't give indication of it, neither does either the SVN nor the stable compatibility list...

if you mean "runs somehow" then yes, but I don't know if it's even completable

clem
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

So I can't Add Game it?
MetaFox

Post by MetaFox »

iPwnzorz wrote:So I can't Add Game it?
The game is not detected in ScummVM 0.10.0. You can add the game using a subversion build. The game has just become completable as of 4 hours ago, according to the SVN logs, so if you don't compile your own builds and use the ones available from the ScummVM website, you'll need to wait until they compile a build with the latest source.

If you do use the subversion build, be sure to place lure.dat - which you can get at http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/scummvm/engine-data/trunk/lure.dat - in the directory on your computer where Lure of the Temptress resides.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Although remember that just because it's completable now doesn't mean that there still isn't some minor glitches to fix and various GUI elements still to implement. Not to mention sound support, which I haven't implemented yet.

What I'm saying is that have fun playing it if you want, but don't worry about reporting any bugs yet - I'll make an official announcement when I feel the game is ready for public testing.
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Ah Subversion. Last time I played it I could just run lure.exe anyway. It's Virtual Theatre isn't it? So why not support it, along with copy protection removal.

Well thanks for clearing it up.
clem

Post by clem »

iPwnzorz wrote:It's Virtual Theatre isn't it? So why not support it, along with copy protection removal.
it's an older version of Virtual Theatre, and lure and BASS have insane amounts of hardcoded data in the exe files (ever wondered why there is no support for BASS demos or non-PC versions?)

games usually don't get "officially" supported by scummvm until the engines are fairly finished (I don't think a single game without sound support became "supported" in the past years)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

clem wrote:(I don't think a single game without sound support became "supported" in the past years)
Yup. Mac LOOM :P But, the other versions are supported.