Status of Lure?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

oduverne

Status of Lure?

Post by oduverne »

Hello

I was just wondering what is the status of Lure as I saw many commits?

Thanks for all your work
clem

Post by clem »

don't really know, but I think it's enabled in the daily build so you could easily test it
oduverne

Post by oduverne »

I've already tested it but i'm too lazzy to try if it is completable
clem

Post by clem »

oduverne wrote:I've already tested it but i'm too lazzy to try if it is completable
I doubt that it is completable - else there would probably be an announcement for bug testing or smthn
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Well it's certainly playable, there are some warnings, sound doesn't work yet. Ratpouch walks at weird spots sometimes too. It doesn't look stable yet (sometimes it exits with errors), but it's certainly playable and functional. But it still needs some work

Overall, very good work :)
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Thanks for the support. I was lucky enough to recently get an almost complete copy of the original source code, so you can expect to see some rapid developments in functionality. I'm still somewhat starved for time to work on it, but I'm hoping to have it completable (albiet without sound yet implemented) by the end of next month at the latest.

As of today (the 19th), you can play up to the point where you go into the locked up wizard's house. Since most of the core functionality is done now, I'm currently working my way through playing the game to implement various needed animation handlers / functionality in order.
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

dreammaster wrote:I was lucky enough to recently get an almost complete copy of the original source code
Huh, I thought Revolution Software couldn't find their original source code? Where did you get it? :?
Anyway, your progress on Lure sounds fantastic. I can't wait to so when it's completable within ScummVM. Then all 2D adventure games from Revolution are supported by ScummVM.
Keep up the good work! :)
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Adventureguy wrote:Huh, I thought Revolution Software couldn't find their original source code? Where did you get it? :?
Apparently it was accidentally found on an old backup tape whilst they were looking for some Broken Sword material. It isn't complete - two of the files are corrupt, but neither of them are critical to my work.
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

Well, it's a great improvement to have nearly all of the source code, anyway. It's better than just RE the whole game step by step, so you're actually saving time, dreammaster.
I hope this accelerates your work on it a little bit, but take your time. I can wait like all the other SummVM users.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

That's great news! :) Good to hear that
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

That's awesome news indeed

and KUDOS to Revolution for sending it immediately the ScummVM team.

...now, if only Discworld could take the same road
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Raziel wrote:That's awesome news indeed

and KUDOS to Revolution for sending it immediately the ScummVM team.

...now, if only Discworld could take the same road
Ah, but it's unfortunately extremly unlikely that Revolution will find the Discworld source code on one of their backup tapes... :lol:
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

@fingolfin

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

fingolfin wrote: Ah, but it's unfortunately extremly unlikely that Revolution will find the Discworld source code on one of their backup tapes... :lol:
So what you're saying is that the chances are still much better if we ask Revolution than if we keep waiting for the guy who promised to send it?
saulob

Post by saulob »

Amazing work dreammaster

Congrats :D

Thank you Revolution for your support :)