Goblins 3 bugs

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Desperado

Post by Desperado »

I'm not sure whether that would really "hurt" ScummVM. As long as there are no offensive screenshots, everything should be okay.
I'm with Herrscher. I can't play the Fascination cd version on windows xp nor dosbox. ScummVM detects it, why don't add support for it? Please make it possible.

P.D.: Legend of Djel is detected by ScummVM but it crases on launch. Rename DJELL.IMA by INTRO.STK
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

That something is detected means *nothing*. Name me *any* game, and I can write three lines of code so that ScummVM will "detect" it. The fact that some graphics are shown means little more, too.

Supporting a game requires considerable effort. As it is, currently we have decided for various reasons that we do not wish to spend any effort on this particular game. The specific reasons are essentially irrelevant, as we are not working as paid contractors here who satisfy a customer's need, but rather work on this for our own fun and enjoyment.

Telling us how "easy" it should be, and that you really really want it, with sugar atop, won't change our minds. I also want a lot of things, complaining about it won't get them for me, sadly -- that's life. Besides, if it is so easy, why don't you do it yourself (and candy causes bad teeth, eeek :).
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

fingolfin wrote:I also want a lot of things, complaining about it won't get them for me, sadly -- that's life.
Discworld source...
HE16bit support :P
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Diiiiscwoooooorldddd

*slobbers*

Now that would be great 8)
StarG

Post by StarG »

clone2727 wrote:Discworld source...
As i have acknowledged recently sometimes its just the question of asking the right person at the right time :)
Kaminari

Re: Goblins 3 bugs

Post by Kaminari »

DrMcCoy wrote:I'm rather reluctant to add further support, exactly because it is an adult game.
Well, the adult games designed by Muriel Tramis are as raunchy as Broken Sword 2 and its nylon panties. Besides, I can think of much more traumatic games than Geisha or Fascination. Take for example Full Throttle (Ripburger crushing the skull of his boss) or The Dig (Brink having his hand cut off). Those scenes are not exactly family-oriented, yet ScummVM supports those games.

It's up to the parents to decide which games to show off to their kids. Just my two pennies.
fac

Post by fac »

Kaminari wrote:
DrMcCoy wrote:I'm rather reluctant to add further support, exactly because it is an adult game.
Well, the adult games designed by Muriel Tramis are as raunchy as Broken Sword 2 and its nylon panties. Besides, I can think of much more traumatic games than Geisha or Fascination. Take for example Full Throttle (Ripburger crushing the skull of his boss) or The Dig (Brink having his hand cut off). Those scenes are not exactly family-oriented, yet ScummVM supports those games.

It's up to the parents to decide which games to show off to their kids. Just my two pennies.
And Leisure Suit Larry 8)
Besides, without the game it's not possible to play it with ScummVM.
clem

Post by clem »

Kaminari wrote: Well, the adult games designed by Muriel Tramis are as raunchy as Broken Sword 2 and its nylon panties. Besides, I can think of much more traumatic games than Geisha or Fascination. Take for example Full Throttle (Ripburger crushing the skull of his boss) or The Dig (Brink having his hand cut off). Those scenes are not exactly family-oriented, yet ScummVM supports those games.
and don't forget Sam and Max! PETA should get after them for torturing that cat in the beginning of the game...
Cabopak

Post by Cabopak »

Hi there...

I'm sorry if I "resurrect" this thread in vain, but playing the game I found kind of a bug in one of the scenes of the game.

When we are at King Bodd's lair, when attempting to take the Queen's slipper after getting it hitted by the kid's dart, there's not enough time to take it before the guard with the spear does. I've tried many times to pick it, but I don't manage to. I'm not sure, but as long as I can remember, there was no problem at all with that, and I had enoug time to pick the slipper up.

Is this bug due to modern computers' speed?

Thanks
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Cabopak wrote:When we are at King Bodd's lair, when attempting to take the Queen's slipper
I haven't played that far into the game, but I assume it's the same scene that's discussed here and here.
Cabopak

Post by Cabopak »

Thanks and sorry... I promise I posted this after searching for that for a while without results.
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

I want to use this "resurrection" for asking something: Is the idea of not supporting Fascination still there or is being considered to add support for it someday?

I'm just asking, just curious and interested of being supported by ScummVM :)
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

I'm still concentrating at other games at first. :P
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

DrMcCoy wrote:I'm still concentrating at other games at first. :P
Ok, it seems that sounds like "maybe after supporting certain games". Great, thanks for your reply :)

I'm impressed by the work of people on the ScummVM Team, and you are one of the more important guys of the project. Thanks for all the work done on this great project, it's making a lot adventure game enthusiasts very happy.

I'm not trying something with those words, just that I explore daily this site (reading cia.vc of ScummVM, read IRC logs, read forums...) and always found interesting stuff. I would like be like my "geek idols", but I have too much to learn (programming first, and improving my broken English).
pykman

Post by pykman »

Another resurrection.

I don't know if my problem is ScummVM bug or in-game bug, so before I post in bug tracker I want to try here.

In the start of Cheesboard level if I go to The Story Book level in my inventory there already are COMPASS, CHALK and MANDOLIN. I don't have to find them.
I think the same problem appeared in another level but I can't remember where.

Maybe someone has similar problem?

ScummVM version 1.5.0
Goblins Quest 3 CD (v1.02 Polish/Dos)