'Tis the season...

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

'Tis the season...

Post by DrMcCoy »

...for newly supported games, it would seem: Gobliins 2 joins Touch� and Future Wars as recent bug-hunting targets. So be vewy, vewy quiet, gwab your copy of Gobliins 2 and find those wascally bugs!

Equipment: A daily build of ScummVM
Instructions: The bug submission guidelines
Important location: Our bug tracker, report the bugs (and unrecognized versions) there

For bonus points, submit a few screenshots.

Have fun and happy hunting!
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Great progress made with Gobliins 2, well done! :)
Very nice work, keep it up 8)

*Searches for his dusty Gobliins 2*
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

Great job supporting Gobliins :) I'll be sure to dig out my CD!
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Thanks a lot for another classic 8-)
carni

Post by carni »

just tested it... and discovered that the windows version has such crap sound compared to the amiga one.

as i cant find my manual, can just someone tell me, if the amiga version runs with sound? that would be awesome!
Espiox

Post by Espiox »

Awesome work guys! Man, there's a lot of titles queued up for the 0.10.0 release.

BTW, in the interest of preserving as much hard drive space as possible, what data files are required?
fac

Post by fac »

I noticed that scummvm has the gobliins 2 demo (non interactive). Gobliiins and Goblins 3 have interactive demos. Did coktel also made an interactive gobliins 2 demo?
Espiox wrote: BTW, in the interest of preserving as much hard drive space as possible, what data files are required?
I think that the files not required by scummvm don't take much space. In order to save harddrive space the best solution is to compress the audio files or the animations (not possible for all games). See the readme.txt file for more information.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

fac wrote:I noticed that scummvm has the gobliins 2 demo (non interactive). Gobliiins and Goblins 3 have interactive demos. Did coktel also made an interactive gobliins 2 demo?
Yes. I just forgot to add its md5. At this moment you may find the demo here.

Eugene
fac

Post by fac »

sev wrote: Yes. I just forgot to add its md5. At this moment you may find the demo here.

Eugene
Thanks.
I found some graphic bugs in this demo, and already added the bug report.
fac

Re: 'Tis the season...

Post by fac »

DrMcCoy wrote: So be vewy, vewy quiet, gwab your copy of Gobliins 2 and find those wascally bugs!

Equipment: A daily build of ScummVM
Instructions: The bug submission guidelines
Important location: Our bug tracker, report the bugs (and unrecognized versions) there

For bonus points, submit a few screenshots.

Have fun and happy hunting!
I haven't located my Gobliins 2 copy but i already played the demos and reported some bugs. The bug i reported for the PC interactive Gob2 demo doesn't occur the Amiga Gob 2 demo. Using google i found the Amiga demos of Gobliiins and Gobliins 2. Unfortunally scummvm can't play the Amiga music (already noticed here). I won't give the links to the amiga demos because the webpage that have them, also have full non free games for download. But if anyone want them, please ask me, and i will find someway to share them.