Where are your Musketeers?... Touché

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

Where are your Musketeers?... Touché

Post by sev »

It was a complete surprise to all of us, but our old-timer Gregory Montoir aka cyx several weeks ago submitted a practically finished engine. It is used by the game Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer. Some more work has been performed, and now we are announcing full support for this title.

For you, our fellow users, this means that we are starting a great bug-hunting session. Grab your English, French, German or Italian, or even just the game demo and start testing. Stick Geoffroi Le Brun's nose in every hole in the game and report if it unexpectedly gets broken.

As usual, to play the game you will need a daily build of ScummVM. Bugs and graphical glitches should be submitted to our bug tracker, and please, follow the bug submission guidelines. Also, if you encounter some yet unrecognized version, report it to the same tracker.

Screenshots are required as well. Besides, we are still waiting for Future Wars screenshots as nobody submitted any yet.

We are sure that you will enjoy this yet another gem stone now supported by ScummVM.

Eugene
Last edited by sev on Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

The spanish version seems to work quite well
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

**rubs hands together with glee**

Will give this a try later, excellent work!
fac

Re: Where are your Musketeers?... Touché

Post by fac »

sev wrote: For you, our fellow users, this means that we are starting a great bug-hunting session. Grab your English, French, German or Italian, or even just the game demo and start testing.

Eugene
Where can i find the game demo. It's not in ScummVM homepage, and i can't find with a search engine (google) :(
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

I also did a search for a demo and came up empty handed :(
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

The demo is available at Game Nostalgia.
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

Great find!

Edit: Before I raise a [small] bug, is there anyone around who knows how the game plays outside of SCUMMVM?

[spoiler]When the stabbed man dies, the text prompt when mouse over him is 'So this is Rouen' which is the first line of dialogue of the player.[/spoiler]

It's clearly not correct but then as I've never played Touche before now, I'm not sure if it's normal for the original game and/or if it should be fixed when playing under SCUMMVM. I don't want to raise bugs uncessarily and/or clog the forum with questions :)

Great work on getting the engine running!
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

I didn't try the demo in ScummVM nor in DOSBox, but this doesn't happen in the original game (French version at least).
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Kaminari wrote:I didn't try the demo in ScummVM nor in DOSBox, but this doesn't happen in the original game (French version at least).
Neither in the english US version...the text should be something like "Wounded Man" or similar, don't have the game handy at the moment, sorry
cappuchok

Post by cappuchok »

Do we want to fix bugs that existed in the original game?

Because if so, there is a serious bug in the original game (in the scripts, presumably, because it appears in this port as well) that will render the game uncompletable:

<spoiler>In the cathedral at Rouen, when you are supposed to use the rope on the torch, you must not leave the cathedral before solving the torch+rope puzzle. If you leave the building (for example, if you forgot the rope), then go back, and use the rope on the torch, you will not get an error message but you will lose the rope from your inventory and the puzzle will not be solved, leaving the game in an uncompletable state.</spoiler>

This bug also existed in the original and exists in the ScummVM engine as well, so perhaps we want to solve it? Should I raise this as a bug at the bugtracker?
fac

Post by fac »

Kaminari wrote:The demo is available at Game Nostalgia.
Notice that in that demo the needed file (TOUCHE.DAT) is in DATABASE subdirectory. To ear the voices, we should move all other files to TOUCHE.DAT directory.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

cappuchok wrote:Do we want to fix bugs that existed in the original game?
Yes, usually we do.
cappuchok wrote: This bug also existed in the original and exists in the ScummVM engine as well, so perhaps we want to solve it? Should I raise this as a bug at the bugtracker?
Perhaps we could solve it, yes. At least one script bug was already fixed on touche engine (see bugreport #1618700). So, please, submit the report and we will see if we can do something with it.

Eugene
Fabius

Post by Fabius »

Hi to all, first time in the forum, but a regular user of ScummVM.

I'm tryin' to load any version of this game: demo, english, poland, italian (with the .exe translator), regular, from abandon sites, with the .dat file in the database dir, out of dir, with all the files (included the installer, .exe and so on), only with the files suggested by your site (.dat / obj / v*), but the reply from SVM it's the same:

"ScummVM could not find any game in the specified directory!".

I've tried only with my XP and maybe I should try with the Nokia of my nephew, but I'm afraid that the reply could be the same.

Sorry for my bad english.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Fabius wrote:from abandon sites
Forum Rule 0?
Fabius

Post by Fabius »

Sorry it was a joke. ;)