simple command problem again...

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

krum

simple command problem again...

Post by krum »

Code: Select all

"C:DIR\ScummVM\scummvm.exe" "-talkspeed 1" "-pC:\DIR\Full throttle" ft
I've tried "talkspeed 1", talkspeed 1, "-talkspeed 1", -talkspeed 1, "talkspeed1", talkspeed1, "-talkspeed1", "-talkspeed=1", and "talkspeed=1", and I've tried it before and after -p

and yes it works without the talkspeed

I mean nothing works, I'm sure it's a VERY stupid mistake or overlook that I will kick myself for, but help would be great thank you.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: simple command problem again...

Post by eriktorbjorn »

krum wrote:

Code: Select all

"C:DIR\ScummVM\scummvm.exe" "-talkspeed 1" "-pC:\DIR\Full throttle" ft
I haven't used the Windows command-line much, but I imagine the problem is that you're typing "-talkspeed" instead of "--talkspeed". The long options are distinguished from the short by using two dashes instead of one.
krum

Post by krum »

ok well I almost got it to work, but it never changes the ini so I figured I can just do it manually, a bit harder but very possible.

I just need to know whats, the (min number to max number)?

my goal was to make a program that will optimize games by problem, like lip sync, etc.

thanks.
marticus

Post by marticus »

I think you may be having problems because you are adding quotes around your arguments, they are only needed for file paths (particulary paths with spaces)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

marticus wrote:I think you may be having problems because you are adding quotes around your arguments, they are only needed for file paths (particulary paths with spaces)
Also, try something like --talkspeed=10 for syntax. As long as it's only one 'word' like that, i.e. no spaces, putting quotes around it shouldn't make any difference. I think.
krum

Post by krum »

well it runs scummvm when I use quotes and flash/crashes without em.

so IDK. but I made it so that my program just changes the INI accordingly, as well as every other INI based info.