Leisure Suit Larry 1 - 6: GOG Release Question

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

TheBigCore

Leisure Suit Larry 1 - 6: GOG Release Question

Post by TheBigCore »

If I wanted to use the newest version of ScummVM to play LSL1 - 6, what specific files/folders from the https://www.gog.com/game/leisure_suit_larry GOG installer would I need? https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php?titl ... rry_series does not cover the GOG releases.

Can I assume that I can just add the individual folders from the GOG release?
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Leisure Suit Larry 1 - 6: GOG Release Question

Post by Praetorian »

Yes. You should be able to add the folders where you installed the game to ScummVM and it should detect the games.

(All of these games, except for LSL 6, are already bundled with ScummVM)
I've tested detection for all of them with the latest ScummVM daily build and it works ok.

LSL7 (Love for Sail) also is bundled with ScummVM, it can be added to an external ScummVM installation as the rest of the games, by pointing ScummVM to the installation folder.

TheBigCore

Re: Leisure Suit Larry 1 - 6: GOG Release Question

Post by TheBigCore »

Praetorian wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:04 am Yes. You should be able to add the folders where you installed the game to ScummVM and it should detect the games.

(All of these games, except for LSL 6, are already bundled with ScummVM)
I've tested detection for all of them with the latest ScummVM daily build and it works ok.

LSL7 (Love for Sail) also is bundled with ScummVM, it can be added to an external ScummVM installation as the rest of the games, by pointing ScummVM to the installation folder.

It's a little odd that GOG didn't use ScummVM for LSL6. GOG must have had their reasons for that.

Thank you for your assistance regardless.