ScummVM doesn't funciton...

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Santakaos

ScummVM doesn't funciton...

Post by Santakaos »

Function ScummVM funtione, pero` il game, intendo qualunque tipo non funtciona (I vg non caricacano: non mi viene dato memmeno l'exe...), suggestion_
Attachments
Immagine 2021-03-07 192745.jpg
Immagine 2021-03-07 192745.jpg (161.58 KiB) Viewed 384 times
Last edited by Santakaos on Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: ScummVM doesn't funciton...

Post by Praetorian »

Santakaos wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:38 pm Function ScummVM funtione, pero` il game, intendo qualunque tipo non funtciona (I vg non caricacano: non mi viene dato memmeno l'exe...), suggestion_
Please, if possible post an English version of your question / issue here. Our forum's official language is English, and it will be possible for more people to help out.

When adding a game, ScummVM needs to be pointed to a folder. It does not need to be pointed to an exe file (and many times it does not even require the .exe file to be present). On some platforms, and if using the ScummVM file browser rather than the Operating System's browser, it will not even display the contents of the folder.

For Discworld 1, have a look at our wiki page, to see which files from the CD (or the floppy discs) are required to be present in your game folder on your HDD, where you should point ScummVM when adding the game.
https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php?title=Discworld_1
Santakaos

Post by Santakaos »

Praetorian wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:22 pm
Santakaos wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:38 pm Function ScummVM funtione, pero` il game, intendo qualunque tipo non funtciona (I vg non caricacano: non mi viene dato memmeno l'exe...), suggestion_
Please, if possible post an English version of your question / issue here. Our forum's official language is English, and it will be possible for more people to help out.
I hope you (and the people), you can perdone me, I'm italian, and I problematic in english... I must excuse me...
When adding a game, ScummVM needs to be pointed to a folder. It does not need to be pointed to an exe file (and many times it does not even require the .exe file to be present). On some platforms, and if using the ScummVM file browser rather than the Operating System's browser, it will not even display the contents of the folder.

For Discworld 1, have a look at our wiki page, to see which files from the CD (or the floppy discs) are required to be present in your game folder on your HDD, where you should point ScummVM when adding the game.
https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php?title=Discworld_1
I must search (I don't find any exe) @exe@ file, and I can troving it...
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

It's probably enough to point scummvm to Discwrld/Game and "add" it.