Please, please, help with prerelease testing

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

Please, please, help with prerelease testing

Post by sev »

Dear users,

as you already know, we're pretty close to 0.9.0. Unfortunatly with current rate of testing I will be forced to postpone the release. If you really want to help the project, please, please, test these important targets:
  • Zak McCracken v1
  • Zak McCracken v2
  • Indy3 EGA
  • Indy3 VGA
  • Gobliiins EGA
  • Inherit the Earth
In case above games will not be tested by next Wednesday, i.e. June 21st, I will have nothing but postpone the release for at least a week which I don't really want to do.

Eugene
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

I can test Inherit the Earth - I've got the CD talkie version, and I think I've still got the floppy version somewhere in storage that I can dig out and test as well.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

By zak mckracken version 2 do you mean the enhanced vesion? i should be able to help with zak enhanced and indy 3 vga i just need to grab the codesheets from my other house tonight
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

I could test the German DOS CD version of Inherit the Earth, but that can take some time, though. I'll try to test it this weekend.

And any users who have those games which still need testing and who are reading this: Please test them! I'm eager to download a stable 0.9.0 release from ScummVM, so I'm helping to make that possible by testing. If you also want to have a new stable release, then help testing!
Vorph

Post by Vorph »

Hello,

I can test either Zak McKracken V2 or Zak McKracken C64, just tell me and I'll start...

Kind regards

Vorph
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

i have started on Zak version 2 and should be done by sunday at the very latest, if i feel theres still enough time ill try to test indy vga as well. i have zak c64 in my collection but i currently have no way the get the data off the disks.
Vorph

Post by Vorph »

OK - I'll start testing Zak C64

Vorph

EDIT: Used Version "Zak McKracken (English / C64)"
Tested on ScummVM SVN 17.6

I'm using the unextracted d64 image files for playing
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is still not tested!

Volunteers, please test it, as it needs to be tested for the release.

Joachim
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

ok joachim ill give it a shot, im also testing the mac version of monkey island 1

edit:
it might be a good idea for mutiple people to test atlantis as there isnt a whole lot of time left and there are 3 path to beat the game. ill test the team path as thats the only one i know off by heart.
cryptoknight

Post by cryptoknight »

joachimeberhard wrote:Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is still not tested!

Joachim
Do you mean Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? (3)
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

cryptoknight wrote:
joachimeberhard wrote:Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is still not tested!

Joachim
Do you mean Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? (3)
no he was referring to the next game in the series indiana jones and the fate of atlantis (indy 4). i have completed the team path and eriktorbjorn has done the wits path. I am going to attempt the fists path tonight but i encourage anyone else who has this game to give it a shot as i have never been very good at the fighting in Indy4
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

glokidd wrote:i encourage anyone else who has this game to give it a shot as i have never been very good at the fighting in Indy4
Last time I played that path, I think I used the zero key ("sucker punch") rather extensively. :)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
glokidd wrote:i encourage anyone else who has this game to give it a shot as i have never been very good at the fighting in Indy4
Last time I played that path, I think I used the zero key ("sucker punch") rather extensively. :)
I can try the fists path. The "sucker punch" works very effectively.
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
Losers. :P

No wonder no-one can provide me with an IQPOINTS file with 1000 points.

Anyone who ever reached that? I managed 977points, fighting like a cow.
Err, like a pro! :wink:
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

joachimeberhard wrote:
eriktorbjorn wrote:
Losers. :P

No wonder no-one can provide me with an IQPOINTS file with 1000 points.

Anyone who ever reached that? I managed 977points, fighting like a cow.
Err, like a pro! :wink:
I am bad at fighting in Indy 3 and 4. In the Last Crusade I couldn't stand Castle Brunwald. I try to fight as little as possible.