A Stealthy ScummVM Operation

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

A Stealthy ScummVM Operation

Post by sev »

In 2008 Google Summer of Code we had Kari Salminen aka Buddha^ working on adding Operation Stealth game support. While it was an overall success, still certain important game features were missing. Now, 12 years later, Kari got time for completing his work.

Thus, we are proudly announcing support for the Operation Stealth game also known as James Bond 007: The Stealth Affair in the US release.

Grab your copy of the game, fetch the daily build of ScummVM and give it a go. If you encounter any oddities or bugs, please submit to our bug tracker.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Re: A Stealthy ScummVM Operation

Post by Raziel »

Is Kari back for more...or was it just a sneak visit to complete his work?

Would really wish he'd stay :-)
Kurufinwe

Post by Kurufinwe »

Well, I gave it a try, and I can report that the game (or at least the French EGA DOS version I played) is completable without major problems. (I did use the console cheat for The Rats™, because life's too short.) I filed a couple of bug reports for minor problems.

Obviously, the biggest problem is that Operation Stealth is one of the most awful games ever designed, but that's not something ScummVM can fix. And now I can happily say I'm never playing it again until the day I die.
GateKeeper

Post by GateKeeper »

Kurufinwe wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:50 amObviously, the biggest problem is that Operation Stealth is one of the most awful games ever designed, but that's not something ScummVM can fix. And now I can happily say I'm never playing it again until the day I die.
:lol:

Well, you can always play James Bond 007: The Stealth Affair and still keep that promise about Operation Stealth!