ScummVM Music Enhancement Project

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

sev wrote:moderatorial: any following non-English posts will be silently removed
IMHO this flamewar should END, NOT get translated.

This is going nowhere, and just bores an otherwise Music Enhancement related thread.

I'd even recommend to CUT and move the unrelated posts out, as they spoil the thread.
FeebleFiles1

Post by FeebleFiles1 »

how many times i should repeat that i am sorry for that all but only why my english is bad you understand all my sentences wrong
Nightkin

Post by Nightkin »

I think you all understood wrong what feeblefiles meant to say.

He just said that his impression of glidems work is not a prefessional one. IMO this is not meant offensive. Its just his impression about glidems work. Noone has to share this impression.
And I dont think that "not professional" means "amateur" in this case. It just means that it cannot match feeblefiles imagination of a good quality. Noone has to have the same imagintion of "professional quality" like him.

I hope my english was good enough to express what I mean :oops:

Ich glaube Ihr alle habt feeblefiles falsch verstanden.
Er hat nur gesagt das sein Eindruck von glidems Arbeit kein professionelle ist. Meiner Meinung nach ist das nicht beleidigend gemeint. Nicht professionel soll hier nicht "Amateur" bedeuten, sondern ganz einfach das glidems Arbeit nicht feeblefgiles Anspruch an eine gute prefossionelle Qualität genügt.

Greetings,
Christian
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

Thanks for the various comments in my support, but it is important to note that this is not a competition and everyone should be able to have a dabble at creating 'fan' music for games good or bad. We still have this wonderful thing in life called 'choice' :)

Have a good day everyone.... hopefully we can continue in the good spirit this forum generates normally :)

Cheers James
Last edited by JamesWoodcock on Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nightkin

Post by Nightkin »

glidem wrote:Thanks for the various comments in my support, but it is important to note that this is not a competition and everyone should be able to have a dabble at creating 'fan' music for games good or bad. We still have this wonderful thing in life called 'choice' :)

Have a good day everyone....
Amen

so back to topic ;)
jannar85

Post by jannar85 »

I've just burned out a copy of the music from Simon 1, and I'm doing the cover... But a track list would be very handy ;) Can someone help out? Or maybe James has one already?

Thanks.
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

Alas not, however when you do finish this, please post a link to your cover :)
KevinW

Post by KevinW »

Hello everyone,

I was thinking about a different approach on the Music Enhancement Project and I just wanted to see if there is any interest at all.

I'm thinking about using more 'real' instruments, especially when it comes to guitars etc. I'm not planning to remake the same soundtracks James did though, I would concentrate on titles not already covered by his work. Nothing is set yet, since I first wanted to see if it makes sense at all.

-Kevin
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Well, everything makes sense :) The only limit is the amount of time and people needed to create music using real instruments.