BROKEN SWORD 1 25th Anniversary ERROR

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dv2fox

BROKEN SWORD 1 25th Anniversary ERROR

Post by dv2fox »

My dad was playing the game on a phsyical bought copy of the game (25th Anniversary version) and this one seems to use SCUMMVM

However, my dad did a few progressions and saved, then left the game, but whenever he came in again a SCUMMVM message appeard with the following

8 important files are missing, the game can't start without them.
Please copy these files from their corresponding CDs:
"compacts.clu" (CD 1)
"general.clu" (CD 1)
"maps.clu" (CD 1)
"paris1.clu" (CD 1)
"scripts.clu" (CD 1)
"swordres.rif" (CD 1)
"text.clu" (CD 1)
"cows.mad" (CD 1)
!

The above message is a copy paste from another user from a SCUMMVM forum buuut he was playing on Linux and has a DIFFERENT VERSION than what i have , something called "Sold out version"

I wanted to know if there's any way to solve this issue without losing my dad's save. I tried to reinstall the game over the actual installation folder but nothing helped

NOTE: The 25th Anniversary edition of the game's CD1 (wich has installations from 1992 to 2000 Revolution Software's games), are filled with .bin/cue files but NOT having anything related to the files above.

Trying to mount the files on Daemon Tools gives error of "Cannot be read"
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: BROKEN SWORD 1 25th Anniversary ERROR

Post by sev »

What is the contents of the scummvm.ini file? The saves sit in a different directory, so, they should be safe.

Eugene
dv2fox

Re: BROKEN SWORD 1 25th Anniversary ERROR

Post by dv2fox »

Completlely uninstalling and reinstalling the game worked, and the save is saved even after a backup, but i don't understand how such files can just simply "disappear"