pre-0.9.0 testing

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

I have finished Indy 3 VGA (DOS/English) on my PC.

Completable. Sometimes crashes in sewer. See bug#1507856.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=418820
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

i have finished testing zak mckracken (english/dos/v2)
it is completable with minor animation/control problems
bug tracker# 1508005
Last edited by glokidd on Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

Completed Simon the Sorcerer 1 German DOS Talkie on Windows built (17th June 2006). No regressions noticed except that the crate at the Swampling's place sometimes disappears (was also mentioned in release testing at the wiki). And also (a) bug(s) which was/were present in the original game (e.g. match from bucket).
goetz

Post by goetz »

Don't know if it useful for your general test, but anyway: :D

Completed and no noticable bugs:

Sam & Max (German/CD) without .sou files installed (no speech)
on ScummVM Symbian S60 3rd build (...-scumm from 06-05-04).

Completed with minor animation glitches also mentioned by glokidd earlier:

Zak German/DOS/V2 on ScummVM Symbian S60 3rd build (...-scumm from 06-06-12)

Sorry, no savegames available: I set up ScummVM to store them in a directory that is not user-accessible due to platform security. Now I have switched to a better dir for future games ...

Both games are from the German 10 adventures pack.

- Goetz
Vorph

Post by Vorph »

Hello,

I almost finished Zak McKracken C64.

ScummVM Version 0.9.0 SVN 17.06.06 Win32

I can't get past the martian pyramid. The time to switch to another caharacter is much too short. A similar problem is already reported in tracker item 1329546. I can confirm issues 1329457 and 1329542, even though the missing disguise bug didn't occur all the time.

I used the blue crystal 3 times (yak in katmandu, bird in lima and on the dolphin at the bermuda triangle). At the first 2 encounters the Aliens used hat and noseglasses as a disguise, during the 3rd encounter the Alien henchman appeared without disguise.

I noticed another small graphical error, that might also happen in the original version (I'll check this, and add the information to the bugtracker) - the item number is 1508266

Apart from this, the game was perfectly playable :)

Kind regards Vorph

P.S. when someone can give me a hint how to "speed up" charcter switching, I'll finish playing the game. (I'm going to try it some more time)
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

Vorph wrote:Hello,

I almost finished Zak McKracken C64.

ScummVM Version 0.9.0 SVN 17.06.06 Win32

I can't get past the martian pyramid. The time to switch to another caharacter is much too short. A similar problem is already reported in tracker item 1329546. I can confirm issues 1329457 and 1329542, even though the missing disguise bug didn't occur all the time.

I used the blue crystal 3 times (yak in katmandu, bird in lima and on the dolphin at the bermuda triangle). At the first 2 encounters the Aliens used hat and noseglasses as a disguise, during the 3rd encounter the Alien henchman appeared without disguise.

I noticed another small graphical error, that might also happen in the original version (I'll check this, and add the information to the bugtracker) - the item number is 1508266

Apart from this, the game was perfectly playable :)

Kind regards Vorph

P.S. when someone can give me a hint how to "speed up" charcter switching, I'll finish playing the game. (I'm going to try it some more time)
I ran into the same problems with ZakC64, it's only possible to finish the game using F1-F4 as shortcuts for switching characters, and with using the Keyboard shortcuts (alphabetic keys) for the verbs there.

The problem is due to missing sound support for C64 games, as the script waits for the sound to end, ie it uses it as a timer.

Joachim
Vorph

Post by Vorph »

I did it !!! :D :D :D

Thanks alot Joachim, using the hotkeys it is still difficult enough, but I finally managed to get the white chrystal and finish the game :wink:

Apart from the already mentioned glitches, no regressions were found...

Vorph
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Vorph wrote:I did it !!! :D :D :D

Thanks alot Joachim, using the hotkeys it is still difficult enough, but I finally managed to get the white chrystal and finish the game :wink:

Apart from the already mentioned glitches, no regressions were found...

Vorph
Heh, who said ScummVM is Point'n'Click only, when there's apparently lot's of die-hard action which requires speed & skill. :wink: :lol:

Added, thanks.
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is still not tested!

Volunteers, please test it, as it needs to be tested for the release.

Joachim
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

i just finished testing 'the secret of monkey island (english/macintosh)'
fom the lucasarts mac game pack. it is completable with no apperant bugs
(thanks fingolfin)
edit: i used the june 17 win32 svn snapshot
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

Vorph wrote:I used the blue crystal 3 times (yak in katmandu, bird in lima and on the dolphin at the bermuda triangle). At the first 2 encounters the Aliens used hat and noseglasses as a disguise, during the 3rd encounter the Alien henchman appeared without disguise.
That's pretty normal, I think, because Zak saw him at the bermuda triangle without any disguise, so he don't have to wear them when meeting Zak again who uses the blue crystal. (If that happened before you met the alien without disguise, i.e. jumping from the plane before you entered the spaceship, that could be a bug, but I never experienced it that way (at least I can't remember if I experienced that way))
joachimeberhard wrote:Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is still not tested!

Joachim
I don't think that people should post that they start testing a game, they should post when they finished it. Then they aren't blamed when they don't test it at all (or that they don't post that they've tested it). But for the defence of the volunteers: Indy4 is a game with 3 different paths to finish the game, so they are (possibly) testing all those different ways (But imho it shouldn't take too long to play those paths from a savegame to the part when Atlantis is reached.)
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Adventureguy wrote:
Vorph wrote:I used the blue crystal 3 times (yak in katmandu, bird in lima and on the dolphin at the bermuda triangle). At the first 2 encounters the Aliens used hat and noseglasses as a disguise, during the 3rd encounter the Alien henchman appeared without disguise.
That's pretty normal, I think, because Zak saw him at the bermuda triangle without any disguise, so he don't have to wear them when meeting Zak again who uses the blue crystal. (If that happened before you met the alien without disguise, i.e. jumping from the plane before you entered the spaceship, that could be a bug, but I never experienced it that way (at least I can't remember if I experienced that way))
If I remember correctly, this doesn't happen with the V2 and the FM-Towns Versions, so it seems its a V1 bug. Also, the Aliens didn't disguise at all first, until Kirben fixed quite some bugs in ZakV1 a month ago or two.(V1 DOS and C64 have the same engine and issues, excpet those issues due to missing sound support in ZakC64).
Adventureguy wrote:
joachimeberhard wrote:Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is still not tested!

Joachim
I don't think that people should post that they start testing a game, they should post when they finished it. Then they aren't blamed when they don't test it at all (or that they don't post that they've tested it). But for the defence of the volunteers: Indy4 is a game with 3 different paths to finish the game, so they are (possibly) testing all those different ways (But imho it shouldn't take too long to play those paths from a savegame to the part when Atlantis is reached.)
I agree, but I also think there's no blame in asking for some results by whomever wants to do it. With volunteers I didn't just mean those who already volunteered, but general volunteers, eg all of you. :)
After all, it's always better if a game is tested by many people. :wink:
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

i just finished Indianna jones and the fate of atlantis(English/Dos/CD)
on the team path. it is completeable with no apperent bugs. i used the jun 17 0.9.0pre snapshot (win32)

I will try to test the wits path tomorrow, but i have never been very good at the fists path

i did notice a possible problem with the in game GUI, every second time i tried to start atlantis and load a game the svegames would say 'invalid version' i noticed a similar problem with monkey island mac where every second time i started it it would list savegames for my sega cd version i had used a while back. i dismissed this as my own error at that time

anyways i hope this helps

edit: removed silly assumption based on my own lack of info
edit: it seems that eriktorbjorn has completed the wits path, i would do the fist path but i suck at the fighting in indy 4
Jan

Post by Jan »

I would gladly test a few games if ScummVM (Build from June 2) could load ANY saved games. I tried DOTT, Sam & Max, Fate of Atlantis - it isn't working and I don't have time to play through a game in just one session.

ScummVM 0.9.0svn (June 2) Mac x86, Mac OS X 10.4.6 :(

EDIT: The newest pre-build (June 18) loads save files just beautifully! Looks like I'm set and ready. Thanks. :D
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

glokidd wrote:edit: it seems that eriktorbjorn has completed the wits path, i would do the fist path but i suck at the fighting in indy 4
Well, if we stick to the "each game should be independently tested by two different persons", we ought to have two testers for each path of this game.

I don't really want to think of the number of testers needed for Maniac Mansion though... ;)