Join us on Discord!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rootfather
ScummVM Lead

Join us on Discord!

Post by rootfather »

We are always thrilled to explore new ways to bring our community closer together. Today, we are proud to annouce our next step in this journey - we are now present on Discord!

No matter if you just want to hang around with the ScummVM community or to discuss the latest development, this is the (new!) place to go!

See you on Discord!

Please note that despite the introduction of the new Discord server, our Forums and IRC channel on the Freenode network are still available and we have absolutely no plans to disable them in the future.
alfonsomat

Re: Join us on Discord!

Post by alfonsomat »

I cannot join because the server requires a verified phone number and I don't want to give Discord my phone number. I already am on many other Discord servers, though. Does the server require a particularly high level of client validation?
TheBigCore

Re: Join us on Discord!

Post by TheBigCore »

alfonsomat wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:29 am I cannot join because the server requires a verified phone number and I don't want to give Discord my phone number. I already am on many other Discord servers, though. Does the server require a particularly high level of client validation?
ScummVM's Discord has been having a lot of problems with spammers flooding the channel. You should ask one of the mods there to see if they can add you to their exceptions list so that you can post.