Quest for Glory III Wages of War Fanmade 1.2A Patch

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Gudadantza

Quest for Glory III Wages of War Fanmade 1.2A Patch

Post by Gudadantza »

I´ve just downloaded from the GOG forums a new fan patch that claims to restore and fix around 200 glitches and script errors in the original game. it looks very interesting and I´d like to know if someone has tested it and if the patch is not problematic under scummvm (incompatibility between yet applied fixes etc, things like that).

My first intention was playing the game under DOSBOX this time, GOG has not scummvm bundled and the new patch could be an oportunity to try the vanilla game and test if it is worth. But I am curious about how the game performs under scummvm with the patch applied. I consider it very interesting for the guys that are working fixing things in the SCI engine

Any idea?

Greetings!

EDIT: This is the link. I forgot.

https://github.com/AshLancer/QFG3-Fan-Patch
MusicallyInspired

Re: Quest for Glory III Wages of War Fanmade 1.2A Patch

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I don't know how ScummVM reads SCI games nowadays, but back in time if there were any changes to game resources (scripts mostly I guess?) it would just not recognize that there's a game present at all. This meant all SCI fangames wouldn't work without editing and compiling your own ScummVM build from source. That might not be the case anymore. Try it. Doesn't hurt to try.
Collector

Post by Collector »

I thought the main reason fan games not being recognized was just because of no matching hash being found.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

No. It was literally just a line of code you had to change so it would import all games it didn't recognize from hash as "Unkonwn SCI Fangame" like AGI does.