GO GO ScummVM - AGI

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DarkSoul

Post by DarkSoul »

crowley wrote:
DarkSoul wrote:Now just finished SQ1, yay me.
How did you do that? I can not leave the slot machine in the bar at Ulence Flats. You should press F10 to exit but when I press F10 the debugger window appears.

Regards
Sebastian
Kept playing till I won 250 buckozoids, you automatically exit when you win that much.

On a side note, completed SQ2 and SQ Lost Chapter. I was practically reading out of a walkthrough for Lost Chapter. There is no real story line, no structure, the puzzles don't make sense. Making the game was impressive but the creator should have sat down a little longer during the design phase, for example you go to all this effort to break into an underwater city just to steal a uniform off a wax dummy so you can later beam onto a ship. A huge underwater city, and that's its only purpose!!! And if any of you guys are gonna give the game a go, then beware of the dreaded tentacle maze, closest I've ever come to wanting to kill someone.

I'd played and finished SQ1 & 2 before, but this new AGI engine gave me an excuse to try the fan games. I thought SQ0 was quite good, but kinda didn't fit in with the storyline. Corny that Roger Wilco would suffer two space station massacres (SQ0 then SQ1). My opinion is give SQ0 a go, just don't let the story get to you. And avoid Lost Chapter like the plague :S
crowley

Post by crowley »

DarkSoul wrote: Kept playing till I won 250 buckozoids, you automatically exit when you win that much.
Works :) But the "F10-Problem" appears in SQ2 too. If you look at the watch again after your watched the message of your boss you are stucked again.

In SQ1 is one minor graphic glitch if you climb over the ladder in the sarien ship at the end of the game. Sorry, forgot to make a screenshot of this. In sarien 0.70 it's all ok. I would test it with sarien-cvs as soon as possible.

Regards
Sebastian
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

crowley wrote:Works :) But the "F10-Problem" appears in SQ2 too. If you look at the watch again after your watched the message of your boss you are stucked again.
I moved the debug console from F10 to Ctrl-D earlier today. I hope that doesn't collide with anything else. The only AGI game I have is Police Quest 1, and Sierra obviously thought the European adventure gamers so smart they don't need manuals, because they didn't include one.

Using the numeric keypad to move around should work again, too. Looks like that code was somehow lost when it was ported from Sarien to ScummVM.
noize

Post by noize »

How about ALT-X. This quits ScummVM, while it is supposed to bypass age question protection for Leisure Suit Larry.
supraman

Option for virtual keyboard

Post by supraman »

Hello,

I recently bought a new smartphone/PPC running WM5. I was eager to try out scummvm on PPC and it works BEAUTIFULLY!! Thank you for an awesome vm.

Than I saw scummvm was going to be doing AGI games! This is awesome, because I have been using pocketsarien on my PPC to play the AGI games but I want an option for NO VIRTUAL KEYPAD!

This is my phone: Image

I would suggest having an option in PPC for virtual KB and Portrait/landscape mode.

Right now, I have been fiddling with Psarian source to see if I can render everything in landscape "left-handed" and remove the virtual KB with very little success.

So I am excited to see this happen. Thanks again Scumm Team!

Edit: Also I see AGI will not be in 0.9.0. Is there anyone who knows what/if compile the SVT that contains the AGI code into PPC ARM/MIPS/SH form?
DarkSoul

Post by DarkSoul »

I just tried Space Quest 0 on the last compiled copy of Sarien. This copy had SQ0 added to the CRC list, so didnt get the assume message up, but it still ran slowly on the opening sequence just like ScummVM, so it's definatly the Sarien code.

I compared the CRC list of Sarien to NAGI and I believe their both running SQ0 with the same version of AGI (2.917 I think). Yet it works fine in NAGI and not in Sarien. Now I do remember that NAGI was more stable with SDL than Sarien, in fact I don't even think the compiled copy of Sarien uses SDL, the .dll didn't come with the compile I have, so maybe it's a SDL issue. Just throwing theories into the wind :D
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

I have a little request to you guys.

Now we are gearing toward 0.9.0 release and are in big testing phase. AGI engine will not be included in 0.9.0 as it is too fresh. It would be preferable to have all this bugreports posted to our bugtracker, but we do not accept them at this stage. I.e. after release we will post a news item to our Web that AGI engine needs testing and after that we will work out on all these fixes. Right now I already don't remember which games were tested and which were not and which kind of bugs surfaced, and I have to reread whole thread to gather that info. Though even after that someone has to submit bugreports to our bugtracker.

That's not to discourage you to play with new engine, no, and we already are excited that quality of Sarien code added several games with high compatibility percentage.

So here is the request. If you, guys, would devote some time to 2 things. One is testing of already supported games, and another one is AGI-related: request Wiki account and create list of all AGI games there. We already have all Sierra games enlisted, but no information about them is present, that needs to be added. For partial list you may use AGI Wiki, but I suppose that has misses too. Also if there are any international AGI titles (i.e. translated to some language), those should be added to International Game Titles page

Eugene
Last edited by sev on Mon May 29, 2006 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Collector

Post by Collector »

Winnie the Pooh in the Hundred Acre Woods and Mickey's Space Adventure are not AGI games. Also, Police Quest (1986) is missing from that list. There were also a number of demos and "Christmas cards". Then there are the fan made AGI games, too.
df
ScummVM Developer

Post by df »

also, DDP is known to be buggy, we never really matched the AGI version, its not 2.089, 2.272 or 2.440... its somehwere in between, but nobody has a 'true' ibm version, all the PC versions are the atari st version with a 2.272 interp which is incorrect...

i am checking out the trunk as I type so I will do some compiling + testing tonight to see whats what... and start working on merging in the new detection code and stuff..
bobablob

Post by bobablob »

DF,

I'm not entirely certain what capacity you are working in, although I think I recognize the avatar from the Mega Tokyo board, but on behalf of all AGI game lovers, thanks for the work you're devoting to this project!
Threepwood

Post by Threepwood »

[quote="Collector"]Winnie the Pooh in the Hundred Acre Woods and Mickey's Space Adventure are not AGI games. Also, Police Quest (1986) is missing from that list. There were also a number of demos and "Christmas cards". Then there are the fan made AGI games, too.[/quote]

for the pre agi games look here: http://trollvm.sourceforge.net/
bramvandijk

Post by bramvandijk »

crowley wrote:
I just tried Larry 1. After the dance with fawn in the disco, fawn "hangs" on the table on her way back.

Screenshot

Regards
Sebastian
This is a known bug of Sarien, see:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=382570

They already knew what caused it, but were not sure about the right way to fix it.
wjp
ScummVM Developer

Post by wjp »

crowley wrote: I just tried Larry 1. After the dance with fawn in the disco, fawn "hangs" on the table on her way back.
This should be fixed in SVN now. It appears the bounding box around the table got a negative height, which made it block Fawn.
crowley

Post by crowley »

wjp wrote:
crowley wrote: I just tried Larry 1. After the dance with fawn in the disco, fawn "hangs" on the table on her way back.
This should be fixed in SVN now. It appears the bounding box around the table got a negative height, which made it block Fawn.
Great job, works now :P

Regards
Sebastian
singalen

Post by singalen »

Just tried nightly Windows SVN build with Larry 1.
At first worked great.
Windows console app doesn't terminate when game ends. Have to kill it.
Tab key doesn't show inventory.
You know about save system.
Also I remember a key to enter a previously entered command into game command line.
Another wish for game command line is to have a shel-like command history navigable with, say, ctrl-up/ctrl-down, and ctrl-left/ctrl-right to navigate thru words.
Thank you.