Operation Stealth

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Bondorello

Operation Stealth

Post by Bondorello »

On the game wiki page (http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Operation_Stealth) Operation Stealth is not officially supported.

Is it possibile to play it in the next release of ScummVM?

It's one of my favorite adventure game... thanks. :)
Buddha
ScummVM Developer

Re: Operation Stealth

Post by Buddha »

Bondorello wrote:On the game wiki page (http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Operation_Stealth) Operation Stealth is not officially supported.
Yes, that means it doesn't work fully yet, there are bugs, graphic glitches etc and the game may or may not be completable.
Bondorello wrote:Is it possibile to play it in the next release of ScummVM?
Probably not. No one seems to have been working on Operation Stealth for quite a while now so support for it doesn't seem likely (I'd be happy to be proven wrong if someone with the skill and time got the inclination and put in the needed effort).

Kari Salminen / Buddha^
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

I did some playtesting of Operation Stealth including using Valgrind to shake out any issues around 2010/2011.

It is completable ie. "Operation Stealth is completable with gfx glitches (256 colors/DOS/English (GB) SVN r55198 2010-01-10).:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Cine

and the graphical glitches are documented here:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Cine/TODO

<snip>
finish Operation Stealth support

Graphics Glitches:
Scene 1 Room 4 (Airport - Baggage Belt) - Palette glitch if "Operate" is performed on "American Passport" inventory item.
Double fade out glitch on scene changes, notably in Scene 2 Room 5 (Bank Vault).
Scene 3 Underwater Animation Sequence seem very hard in last screen. Timing bug? Add "oxygenCheat" command for playtesting?
Scene 6 Room 2 (Mansion Study, Safe Closeup) - LED Digits (mainly 4) Missing Segments.
Scene 8 (Cutscene - Top Of Porthole Tunnel Ladder) - Background around Ego (John) square with incorrect color.
Scene 8 Room 1 (Piranha Tank Cage) - Background to right of Cage incorrect color - Grey.
Scene 8 Room 1 (Piranha Tank Cage) - John on Wire to Grill animation is incorrect..
Scene 9 Room 12 (Master Control Room) - Background around console lights in bottom-left corner has square with incorrect color.
Scene 9 Room 12 (Master Control Room) - Countdown LED Digits (mainly 4) Missing Segments.
Scene 9 (On Gantry before boarding Helicopter) - Ego (John) background is incorrect and Ego is Black - incorrect palette?
Save/Load not possible between Scene 5 (Otto throws John into Sea off Boat) until after Scene 6 Labyrinth Arcade Sequence and During Scene 8 Rat Labyrinth Arcade Sequences - Think this was possible in the original and makes the arcade sequences much harder.
WARNING: Unable to find part file for filename '02-.ADL'!
WARNING: Unable to load soundfx instrument '02-.ADL'!
WARNING: Unable to find part file for filename 'QTRACK32.SPL'!
Misspelling Script Bugs :
Object "Bench of Bank Notes" - Should be Bunch
Read(y) - Missing y
Passport "English" should be British
Electrique Cable (for Razor) - should be Electric

Clean up any remaining memory leaks
</snip>
Buddha
ScummVM Developer

Post by Buddha »

digitall wrote:I did some playtesting of Operation Stealth including using Valgrind to shake out any issues around 2010/2011.

It is completable ie. "Operation Stealth is completable with gfx glitches (256 colors/DOS/English (GB) SVN r55198 2010-01-10).:
Ah, ok, good to know, I wasn't sure if it was completable.
Have you tried a playthrough with the 16 color version?
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

I don't think I have that version. Mine is two 1.4MB Floppies and I only have a sd256.bat to start the original interpreter.