Saving/Loading in Beavis and Butthead

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

CaptainJei

Saving/Loading in Beavis and Butthead

Post by CaptainJei »

I can't figure out how to save and load in Beavis and Butthead. Pressing F5 doesn't pull up the expected ScummVM menu, or do anything at all for that matter. Is this a bug, or is there a special save/load process for this game?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

There is always CTRL + F5

Dont know if there ever was another ingame possibility to save
CaptainJei

Post by CaptainJei »

Thanks! That's it!
elvisish

Re: Saving/Loading in Beavis and Butthead

Post by elvisish »

This is quite clearly a bug though, every other scumm game that doesn't have it's own save system uses just F5, not ctl+f5, right?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

elvisish wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:01 pm This is quite clearly a bug though, every other scumm game that doesn't have it's own save system uses just F5, not ctl+f5, right?
Beavis and Butthead is not a SCUMM game though. It uses a different engine. Maybe you used "scumm" as a shorthand for ScummVM not not to mean the SCUMM engine, but in this instance F5 happens to be an engine specific hotkey used in the SCUMM engine (and a few other engines, although not necessarily for save/load). Ctrl+F5 is the general hotkey to access the global menu in all engines, as documented in the README.
elvisish

Post by elvisish »

criezy wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:47 pm
elvisish wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:01 pm This is quite clearly a bug though, every other scumm game that doesn't have it's own save system uses just F5, not ctl+f5, right?
Beavis and Butthead is not a SCUMM game though. It uses a different engine. Maybe you used "scumm" as a shorthand for ScummVM not not to mean the SCUMM engine, but in this instance F5 happens to be an engine specific hotkey used in the SCUMM engine (and a few other engines, although not necessarily for save/load). Ctrl+F5 is the general hotkey to access the global menu in all engines, as documented in the README.
Yeah, I meant ScummVM game, I know it's not a Scumm engine game. I have no idea why other games use ctl+f5.