Blade Runner WIP

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Re: Blade Runner WIP

Post by Raziel »

Yep, working great for music now :-)

Thanks a lot
peterkohaut

Post by peterkohaut »

For that "stripping" I suspect some floating point rounding issues, but it might be related to z-buffer as well.
Please, can you try to run "draw zbuf" in debug console? it should render zbuffer instead of color.
I was trying to get amigaos 4.0 working with winuae & ppc qemu plugin, but i was not very lucky yet.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

It says Drawing Z buffer = 1 and then displays this picture, unfortunately, ego is still behind the objects.

If i could help you with the OS4 installation, just shout, otherwise throw those debug builds at me :-)
peterkohaut

Post by peterkohaut »

....maybe it will be not needed, I just did some dirty hacking, and I can get almost the same artifacts (striping on actors), looks like it related to endianes as well.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Quick update on this one about the Big Endian platforms; The z-ordering issue along with drawing issues for images should be fixed in commits by peterkohaut (since a few days now actually), so please test and verify if you are on one of such platforms. And also report any other issues you've encountered :)
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

@Preatorian

Awesome...sound and z-ordering fixed in AmigaOS4 :-D

The new thread for ScummVM support of Westwood's Blade Runner is here: Testing Blade Runner with ScummVM