"Zak McKracken - BTAS" now also in english

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Bakhtosh
Got a warning

"Zak McKracken - BTAS" now also in english

Post by Bakhtosh »

For those who wanted to play the Fanadventure Zak McKracken – Between time and Space but couldn't because it only had german text and voice over...

... the new directors cut version of the game now also features english text and voice over. Imo it's one of the most professional looking Fanadventures I've seen so far. And there's also a Mac and Linux version available. Of course it's totally free. So if you liked Zak McKracken or any other of the classic Adventure games it's definitely worth a try.

If you like the game you might want to support its developers by backing their first professional adventure project The mystery of the oak island on kickstarter.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Finally I can play this game! Also, didn't know about their Kickstarter. Nice on them. Too bad I have no funds this time around. Looking forward to it.
Bakhtosh
Got a warning

Post by Bakhtosh »

MusicallyInspired wrote:Finally I can play this game!
:D
MusicallyInspired wrote:Also, didn't know about their Kickstarter. Nice on them. Too bad I have no funds this time around. Looking forward to it.
I'm also only able to spend a small amount. :(

So I thought I could make some adventure player aware of the english version of Zak - BTAS and also mention the Kickstarter of the new project. That way people can first play something they did. And if they like it maybe spend for the kickstarter.

If you also like the game maybe you can do something similar and spread the word on Facebook/Twitter.
lazylazyjoe

Post by lazylazyjoe »

Thankyou for the heads up.

I've been waiting what seems like forever for this. I think its been about a decade. When it was finally released, I was so disapointed it was German only. But being a free fan made game, all one can do is wait patiently or... learn German. (Reminds me of the old joke)

What do you call someone who speaks 2 languages: bilingual
What do you call someone who speaks 1 language: American.
nafeasonto

Post by nafeasonto »

Be careful there is a major bug in the game, you won't be able to progress if you hit it.

Unfortunately I have to spoil a very tiny spoiler in the game to tell you.

If people want me to tell you I will. but it's not really a major spoiler.