Star Trek games on GOG now

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

lazylazyjoe

Star Trek games on GOG now

Post by lazylazyjoe »

GOG just released 3 Star Trek games from Interplay(25th, Judgement, and Academy), of which two are PnC games. Theyre $6 a piece, which is much less than they go for used on eBay. They have Win,Lin,& Mac setups, so I assume they are using Dosbox.

There is a WIP engine Clone2727 was working on, but appears the project was put on hold 8 months ago. However since Interplay is selling the games again, they might allow Scummvm access to the sources if they sell good so they can release them on the mobile markets too. And with Summer of Code nearing It would make a nice project.
clone2727
Retired

Re: Star Trek games on GOG now

Post by clone2727 »

lazylazyjoe wrote:There is a WIP engine Clone2727 was working on, but appears the project was put on hold 8 months ago. However since Interplay is selling the games again, they might allow Scummvm access to the sources if they sell good so they can release them on the mobile markets too. And with Summer of Code nearing It would make a nice project.
Probably closer to 8 years ago.

Writing an x86 emulator for "scripts" would not make a good GSoC project. Not to mention we were not accepted this year.
OmerMor
Got a warning

Re: Star Trek games on GOG now

Post by OmerMor »

clone2727 wrote:Not to mention we were not accepted this year.
That's sad to hear.
Any reason for that? Do you think a supportive Googler could influence their decision next year?
lazylazyjoe

Post by lazylazyjoe »

My apologies and no disrespect was intended. I knew nothing about how the games were written
nor the status of the interpreter. I also did not know that ScummVM was not selected for the GSoC.

I mainly wanted to let others know the games were finally available for sale since they have been out of print for a long time.