Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade fight/plane debug hacks

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rasteve

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade fight/plane debug hacks

Post by rasteve »

I recently went back to Indy 3 (256 colour version) to get both the max episode IQ (506) and series IQ (800). Like many others I struggled with the fights and plane sections. Instead of getting good through hours of retries I used some ScummVM script tools to find out the variables that control punch power and the plane hit counter. Once I found that I went back into DosBox, loaded up my game and did the following:

Enable debug mode by typing in "whipitgood" (no quotes). Press F7 to activate the debug mode.

Press Shift + S to go into variable mode.

Variable 212 controls your punch power. You need to set this at the start of every fight. Try something like 32000. One direct punch will knock out ANY enemy in the game.

Variable 163 controls the number of hits to your plane. On the 13th hit you will crash. Set it to 0 after every hit you receive. You can then take down every single plane.

For anyone that has done 506/800 IQ scores I applaud you.

For anyone that fell short out of frustration of Nazi haymakers and your father's bad shot, you can now give it another go.

On another note, the Steam version of the game seems to crash when you go into debug mode.
clone2727
Retired

Re: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade fight/plane debug hac

Post by clone2727 »

rasteve wrote:On another note, the Steam version of the game seems to crash when you go into debug mode.
That Aaron Giles! I find it hard to believe he missed that, to be honest.
DjDiabolik

Post by DjDiabolik »

And for ScummVM how i can modify that ??

On games i press CTRL+D i can open the debug console and now ?

*EDIT*
Found Myself:
1) Open Debug -> CTRL + D

2) Activate the VARS Flag -> Debug +VARS

3) type - > scumm_vars[212] 30000 when a fight begin

4) Hit ENTER

5) Close Debug

At this point... one Punch one kill.

It's needed to SET at 30000 the vars 212 every fight has begin...
ccpc

Re: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade fight/plane debug hacks

Post by ccpc »

Hello, I know this is an old post, but I hope someone could help me anyway. I am playing the EGA 16 color version of Last Crusade and when I tried changing the 212 variables for the fights nothing happened. I was wondering if maybe in this version the punch power was controlled by a different variable? And if so, does anyone know which one is it?