The Feeble Files

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Tinkerer wrote:Hi,

I have a problem with the "Simon"arcade machine. At the start there is a black screen, when i click on it the first game starts. But no matter how many credits it says i have, when i lose a game i'm back in the arcade, and can't play the grabber because feeble says i haven't enough!
Is there some game instruction i'm missing because of the black screen?
Again, this is probably because of ScummVM not being able to play the cutscenes. The niceone.smk cutscene shows two buttons: one in the lower left corner which says "continue", and one in the lower right corner that says "collect". Apparently, you have to press the invisible "collect" button to get your tokens. (Worked for me, at least.)
gliss

Post by gliss »

Ok, I really think my voices.wav is somehow corrupt. Can I do anything about that?
Tinkerer

Post by Tinkerer »

Well,
For me, it didn't work either until i renamed them to Voices1.wav, Voices2.wav etc, and copied them to the FF dir, see previous post.
If ýou did that already, i'm afraid i can't help.
gliss

Post by gliss »

Yes I did that.
But there were troubles with copying (tried it some times). When I tried to copy it, it said there are some errors or something (but the file was there, though). I could rename it, but apparently it doesn't work due to the copying errors. :?

So what can I do now?
Last edited by gliss on Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tinkerer

Post by Tinkerer »

I still have trouble with the arcade game i'm afraid. Where i put the token in, the screen goes black, and only through a click i get to the first game. If i win, it says "Nice one! You've got x tokens in the bank". But then ,upon clicking anywhere in the screen, i always go immediately to the next game! (i don't get another black screen) How do i make the decision?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Tinkerer wrote:I still have trouble with the arcade game i'm afraid. Where i put the token in, the screen goes black, and only through a click i get to the first game. If i win, it says "Nice one! You've got x tokens in the bank". But then ,upon clicking anywhere in the screen, i always go immediately to the next game! (i don't get another black screen) How do i make the decision?
Perhaps low-quality JPEG (to keep it small) of the final frame of the niceone.smk cutscene helps.
noize

Post by noize »

A tool for encoding to dxa, has been submitted on svn.
FeebleFiles1

Post by FeebleFiles1 »

Where to find it? i searched on whole sourceforge and i take a look at the download site of scummvm
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

It's in our Subversion repository. No binaries are available (yet). You'll have to compile it yourself if you want to use it.
Tinkerer

Post by Tinkerer »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
Tinkerer wrote:I still have trouble with the arcade game i'm afraid. Where i put the token in, the screen goes black, and only through a click i get to the first game. If i win, it says "Nice one! You've got x tokens in the bank". But then ,upon clicking anywhere in the screen, i always go immediately to the next game! (i don't get another black screen) How do i make the decision?
Perhaps low-quality JPEG (to keep it small) of the final frame of the niceone.smk cutscene helps.
Yes, it worked! Thanks for the help!
Smiling Spectre

Post by Smiling Spectre »

Hello everybody! :)

I have 2CD PC-version of FF. I can start and play it. But there is one bad thing: I am not good in English, especially when I hear it. FF, as it seems, not have subtitles - but subtitles _is_ here! (I can found any recognised reply in text in main file). As there is development of this game, I want to ask several questions:

1. Is there any way to enable subtitles in original PC-version? (It would be the best choice :)
2. Is there subtitles in ScummVM-version of FF?
3. If 2 is true - can I use saves from ScummVM to original version and vise versa? (As I see, there is no support of video yet? I could to play in Scumm, and switch for video to original in the key moments...)
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

Smiling Spectre wrote:Hello everybody! :)

I have 2CD PC-version of FF. I can start and play it. But there is one bad thing: I am not good in English, especially when I hear it. FF, as it seems, not have subtitles - but subtitles _is_ here! (I can found any recognised reply in text in main file). As there is development of this game, I want to ask several questions:

1. Is there any way to enable subtitles in original PC-version? (It would be the best choice :)
2. Is there subtitles in ScummVM-version of FF?
3. If 2 is true - can I use saves from ScummVM to original version and vise versa? (As I see, there is no support of video yet? I could to play in Scumm, and switch for video to original in the key moments...)
1. Subtitles were disabled in the original game.
2. We allow subtitles to be enabled in FF under ScummVM, but they aren't always complete and there could be side effects.
3. Yes, save games are compatbile with the original game, but you might need to uncompress saved games from ScummVM

The videos can be converted to a format compatbile with ScummVM, use the encoder_dxa tool in SVN or next snapshots. The readme with tools, contains a short guide.
FeebleFiles1

Post by FeebleFiles1 »

I tryed recently the dxa encoder here is the code i typed in:

www.sebby44.de/Temp/Unbenannt.gif

He could load the smacker file but he cannot convert it to dxa because he found a png file not

What have i made wrong?
john_doe
ScummVM Developer

Post by john_doe »

Did you convert the Smacker file to Png and Wav first?
oduverne

Post by oduverne »

Does the dxa encoder support sound compression? Would be so cool!