The Feeble Files

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Kirben

Post by Kirben »

Raziel wrote:Also i hope this "tool" will be available to non Windows users too, or at least the .dxa'ed movie sequences
Hopefully the source code will be made available.
Raziel wrote:Is the issue with scrolling Save games up and down in Oracle triggering font glitches a known issue, then? :P
Yes, check out the TODO page for the Feeble Files on wiki, for all known issues.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

ta

and

Have a nice cycle, citizen :twisted:
(mm, maybe i'd rather call you Omnibrain?)
FeebleFiles1

Post by FeebleFiles1 »

I found with the newest Subversion built an error.

Always when the figures are making thinks without my help it crashes.

The next totaly crash was on the rebellion planet when feeble was waking up and going arround, when sam then is fireing the door, the picture get some other pixcel, like a loader error
john_doe
ScummVM Developer

Post by john_doe »

Kirben wrote:
Raziel wrote:Also i hope this "tool" will be available to non Windows users too, or at least the .dxa'ed movie sequences
Of course it will be made available :)
I don't know if the Smacker tools exist for Linux etc. but the source is portable and doesn't use Windows-specific stuff and the libraries it uses are also at least Linux-compatible. If it's done I can try to build it under Linux but I'm no expert at that.
gliss

Post by gliss »

Hmm.. Seems like it works now. But not for me! :?
Should the video sequences play now? If so, then they don't work. And I can't open the oracle because it says it's not a valid WAV file. :cry:
I renamed voices.wav. Maybe I did something wrong?

(I'm sorry. I have no clue about such things.)
Bye
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Kirben wrote:
Raziel wrote:Is the issue with scrolling Save games up and down in Oracle triggering font glitches a known issue, then? :P
Yes, check out the TODO page for the Feeble Files on wiki, for all known issues.
If this

Add animation sorted by y value function

does not cover it, i have a glitch where the main cursor animations are broken,
otoh it's such an obvious glitch it's most definitely covered already
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

gliss wrote:Hmm.. Seems like it works now. But not for me! :?
Should the video sequences play now? If so, then they don't work. And I can't open the oracle because it says it's not a valid WAV file. :cry:
I renamed voices.wav. Maybe I did something wrong?
The movies currently only work in the Amiga and Macintosh verisons of the Feeble Files, since they used a custom file format.

Are you sure the voices.wav file isn't corrupt and was renamed correctly?
Raziel wrote:i have a glitch where the main cursor animations are broken,
otoh it's such an obvious glitch it's most definitely covered already
This sounds like a known issue, which I just added to the TODO page for the Feeble Files. We currently don't handle cursors which are made up of multiple images. So the default cursor and examime cursor don't look right at the moment.
gliss

Post by gliss »

It also says: No 'RIFF' header if that's relevant.
FeebleFiles1

Post by FeebleFiles1 »

I found an error when you are going to the rebellion basis, you have to shout against the mens, but you cant shot, because there is comming immediately the message

Try again?

EDIT:

And the maze in the ventilation doesnt work
oduverne

Post by oduverne »

Hi

What is the difference between the different versions of feeble files (mac (1CD?), amiga(1CD?), win(2CD), win(4CD)?

What is the best one?

Scummvm really rocks!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

oduverne wrote:Hi

What is the difference between the different versions of feeble files (mac (1CD?), amiga(1CD?), win(2CD), win(4CD)?

What is the best one?
Did you see this post earlier in this thread? It should answer most of your questions, I think.
FeebleFiles1

Post by FeebleFiles1 »

@Kirben

Could it possible to write a programm which can extract the images of the vga files? or to write a programm to see the ways you can walk

or like a tree tool where you can see when you do that then this vga file will be used
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

FeebleFiles1 wrote:I found an error when you are going to the rebellion basis, you have to shout against the mens, but you cant shot, because there is comming immediately the message

Try again?
The reason the shooting fails, is because video is played during the shooting sequence.
FeebleFiles1 wrote: Could it possible to write a programm which can extract the images of the vga files? or to write a programm to see the ways you can walk

or like a tree tool where you can see when you do that then this vga file will be used
Yes, it would be possible to create a program to extract or view the animations in the VGA files. The source code of ScummVM should provide basic details on the header formats and how to load and display the animations.
FeebleFiles1

Post by FeebleFiles1 »

Thank you for the Answer. But to understand the whole code of the feeble files in scummvm is really hard, the net between the files is really big, thought

But you mean all code which the feeble files needed is in the folder "Simon" right or not right?
Tinkerer

Post by Tinkerer »

Hi,

I have a problem with the "Simon"arcade machine. At the start there is a black screen, when i click on it the first game starts. But no matter how many credits it says i have, when i lose a game i'm back in the arcade, and can't play the grabber because feeble says i haven't enough!
Is there some game instruction i'm missing because of the black screen?