The Feeble Files

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Kirben

Post by Kirben »

Try the current daily snapshot of ScummVM SVN for Windows, which will use the game33 file, rather than the game22 file.

Hopefully the Polish subtitles will be shown correctly now.
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Polish text works now, thanks.

But, there are two small problems:

First with long sentences. For example:
Feeble have two options to choose from:
1. Macie chrupki?
2. Będę o tym pamiętał. Dziękuję obywatelu.
I don't know why, but the second option is too long for the game. As a result, we have:
1. Macie chrupki?
2. Będę o tym pamiętał. Dziękuję obywat
And "elu." is moved under "2."

Second problem is more serious - no Polish font in Oracle.
In this example, there is...
Ta opcja jest obecnie wy^#czona.
Aby j# aktywowa$ u[yj ikonki ustawie<.
...and there should be...
Ta opcja jest obecnie wy&#322;&#261;czona.
Aby j&#261; aktywowa&#263; u&#380;yj ikonki ustawie&#324;.
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

I added the various font data for the Polish version.

Try the current daily snapshot of ScummVM SVN for Windows, which will hopefully fix the font problems.
zoppologo

Post by zoppologo »

I have a little problem with flac files.
I post here because it's not a big deal, but tell me if it's better if I add it to the bugtracker.

I just converted all the .smk videos to dxa+flac
I know that scummvm can read smk files, but with flac compression they are a little smaller (and lossless of course!)
When the game plays a video, everything works fine, but if I look at the command window, I see "Warning: force frame 1 redraw!". And this doen't happen if the video is smk, or if the audio file is ogg. So I guess it's a problem fith flac support.

Any idea?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

zoppologo wrote:So I guess it's a problem fith flac support.
No, the warning comes from the movie player, not the sound player. I may be overlooking something obvious, but it looks like a harmless (and pointless) warning to me. Could be some leftovers from when Smacker support was added, I guess.
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Kirben wrote:I added the various font data for the Polish version.

Try the current daily snapshot of ScummVM SVN for Windows, which will hopefully fix the font problems.
First problem solved, but in Oracle (and only in Oracle) still no Polish letters (&#281;, ó, &#261;, &#347;, &#322;, &#380;, &#378;, &#263;, &#324;).
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

Frozen wrote:First problem solved, but in Oracle (and only in Oracle) still no Polish letters (&#281;, ó, &#261;, &#347;, &#322;, &#380;, &#378;, &#263;, &#324;).
The incorrect font table was still been used, due to mistake in code.

Try the current daily snapshot of ScummVM SVN for Windows, which will hopefully fix the Oracle problems.
Frozen

Post by Frozen »

Now it works perfectly. Thank you very much!
LosBadylos

Post by LosBadylos »

Kirben wrote:Try the current daily snapshot of ScummVM SVN for Windows, which will use the game33 file, rather than the game22 file.

Hopefully the Polish subtitles will be shown correctly now.
Hey! Firstly, i want to congratulate for such a great work making this game playable. Well, but i got one problem, that i belive was fixed in the previous snapshot, but is here with the newest. The problem is, that my text is in english. Everything is perfect, voices are Polish, but the text isnt.
Thanks for help ^_^
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

LosBadylos wrote:The problem is, that my text is in english. Everything is perfect, voices are Polish, but the text isnt.
All the text, or just subtitles? The original didn't show subtitles at all, at least not for the English version, so I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't translated. (Or that they are apparently not always complete.)

I imagine the Oracle texts should be translated, but I've never seen anything other than the English version myself.
LosBadylos

Post by LosBadylos »

All the text, or just subtitles? The original didn't show subtitles at all, at least not for the English version, so I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't translated. (Or that they are apparently not always complete.)

I imagine the Oracle texts should be translated, but I've never seen anything other than the English version myself.
Only subtitles, Oracle is fully translated with polish font :)
CyndiBop

Feeble Files

Post by CyndiBop »

Hi!
I'm trying to play again Feeble Files on XP, I've followed all your instructions but I cannot find the files "compress_agos.exe" and "encode_dxa.exe" from the scummvm tools package, how can I do?
Please help me because I really want to play again Feeble Files, after many years.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Feeble Files

Post by eriktorbjorn »

CyndiBop wrote:I'm trying to play again Feeble Files on XP, I've followed all your instructions but I cannot find the files "compress_agos.exe" and "encode_dxa.exe" from the scummvm tools package, how can I do?
I don't remember off-hand, but compress_agos.exe was always optional to begin with, and encode_dxa.exe shouldn't be needed any more since ScummVM should be able to play the original Smacker videos now.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

The tools are now included in one executable : scummvm-tools.

Run it, select 'Compress', then choose the files you want to compress. The next choice will let you choose 'compress_Ago' and 'encode_dxa'.

The CLI version of the tools also exists (scummvm-tools-cli) but everything has to be specified manually.

Regards,
Strangerke
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Actually there is no need to use any tools now, as ScummVM supports Feeble Files out of the box. Just copy over the CDs contents.

Eugene