Simon The Sourcerer and Debugger?!??!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

hevva_l

Simon The Sourcerer and Debugger?!??!

Post by hevva_l »

I have this issue, that everytime i get to the specific 'rock' or 'woodcutter' that Simon the Sorcerer chucks me out and staes that a debugger kicked in. I don't believe that coincidently the rock initiates the debugger. Or does it? It gives me option to continue, but by then its already frozen up the game, and i wish i'd saved. :shock:

Help me? Anyone? :oops:

Any idea?
clem

Post by clem »

it should also give you a nice error message when it pops open the debugger; often also happens if the datafiles are faulty, maybe check if they're copied correctly if you have the CD version

clem
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Simon The Sourcerer and Debugger?!??!

Post by eriktorbjorn »

hevva_l wrote:I have this issue, that everytime i get to the specific 'rock' or 'woodcutter' that Simon the Sorcerer chucks me out and staes that a debugger kicked in. I don't believe that coincidently the rock initiates the debugger. Or does it? It gives me option to continue, but by then its already frozen up the game, and i wish i'd saved. :shock:

Help me? Anyone? :oops:

Any idea?
It would also help to know which version of ScummVM you are using. If you are using a stable release, it should work. The development version... there have been a lot of changes and cleanups to the Simon engine in order to support The Feeble Files so it's quite possible that there are regressions.
hevva_l

Post by hevva_l »

Aww you guys are super for trying to help me.

I'm using 0.8.2 Release of SCUMM the newest. Could be why then, :P

So what the heck can i do? :roll:
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

hevva_l wrote:Aww you guys are super for trying to help me.

I'm using 0.8.2 Release of SCUMM the newest. Could be why then, :P

So what the heck can i do? :roll:
As clem said, you could try re-copying the data files from the original media. A surprising number of bug reports turn out to be corrupted data files. If the problem persists, you should use the ScummVM bug tracker to file bug report.