Call for testing: Legend of Kyrandia

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

clem

Re: Mirror

Post by clem »

Malohkan wrote:If someone could be so kind as to email the kyra.dat file to me at Malohkan [at] gamelizard [dot] com I'd be happy to set up a mirror right away on my site and post the link back here. I'm going out of town for about a week this evening so I'm willing to go out of my way to have this with me on my trip :)
the problem is that the kyra.dat itself is not stable (ie might be changed without warning) - so if you'd mirror that and it gets updated the mirrored file would be useless

clem
Spookyy

Post by Spookyy »

I see it as temp solution to the nonworking link at the moment. No harm in that?
Malohkan

Post by Malohkan »

and I'll certainly do my best to keep it as updated as possible, or else remove it altogether. But right now I figure 1 working link is better than 0 working links.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Hrm. And if you folks used the proper channels to report issues (i.e. our bug tracker), then we would simply fix them *sigh*. Even better than a mirror, IMO :-).

If you just complain about it on a forum thread, then whether the issue is fixed or not becomes a matter of whether somebody with the abiility to do so happens to look at that forum thread by chance, or not...

Anyway, I just put a working link on the download page.
clem

Post by clem »

fingolfin wrote:Hrm. And if you folks used the proper channels to report issues (i.e. our bug tracker), then we would simply fix them *sigh*. Even better than a mirror, IMO :-).

If you just complain about it on a forum thread, then whether the issue is fixed or not becomes a matter of whether somebody with the abiility to do so happens to look at that forum thread by chance, or not...

Anyway, I just put a working link on the download page.
If there is a bug in a forest and nobody notices it is a bug, is it a bug?

From glancing over it it seemed to be the same as "scummvm win32 svn build doesn't download correctly" which I attribute to an overloaded server and not to a fault in the website (and hence wouldn't report)
Malohkan

Post by Malohkan »

Well thanks to the fixed link I'm successfully playing the game. Both the Floppy version and CD version seem to be playing correctly. So far I've made it to the fireberry cave with not a single flaw found. I'm very pleased! Thank you so much for letting me play this game again. I owned and played the game (1, 2 and 3) years ago but recently wanted to play it again, and even with DOS-Box I couldn't get my CD version to install! I really wanted voice support like I remembered so I'm so glad scummVM supports it now :) I'll do my best to test everything and let you know if I find anything wrong.
Diz

Russian version of Kyrandia

Post by Diz »

Could you add a support for Russian version?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Russian version of Kyrandia

Post by LordHoto »

Diz wrote:Could you add a support for Russian version?
Isn't that just fanmade one? It should work, but of course interface strings and intro strings are english.
citizeneman

Post by citizeneman »

Wow, I just tried the cd version of Kyrandia, and I must say it's coming along very nicely. You guys are doing amazing work. Good job :wink: