Call for testing: Legend of Kyrandia

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

LOGAN wrote: Hint: if a game needs a dat file, please link it in the post calling for testers :)
Hehe I actually mentioned it in the front page news item, but I guess forgot to update this post :)
Dwyloc

Post by Dwyloc »

Sordid wrote:I don't know if this belongs into the bug tracker: In the German Version (International version with german subtitles) the option "text" and "speech & text" are interchanged (in German: "Text" & "Stimmen & Text").
I am seen the same problem with the English CD version as well. I have voice only selected in the options menu, but I get subtitles as well and if I change the option to voice and text I get only text.
noize

Post by noize »

Well it is different then DOS version sure.

Files on CD:

A_E.PAK
COL.PAK
CPS.PAK
DAT.PAK
DAT0.PAK
EMC.PAK
FNT.PAK
F_L.PAK
JMC.PAK
MAP_5.PAK
MSC.PAK
MSC0.PAK
MUSIC98.PAK
M_S.PAK
S_Z.PAK
TWMUSIC.PAK
TWSFX.PAK
WSA1.PAK
WSA2.PAK
WSA3.PAK
WSA4.PAK
WSA5.PAK
WSA6.PAK
WSA7.PAK

And 21 audio tracks.

On user disk:

AUTOEXEC.BAT
CONFIG.SYS
IO.SYS
KYRANDIA.EXP
README
RUN386.EXE
TBIOS.BIN
TBIOS.SYS
TOWNS.SYS
_KYRA000.SAV
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

noize wrote:Well it is different then DOS version sure.

Files on CD:

And 21 audio tracks.

On user disk:

Still that's not enough information about it. Sure a filelist is nice, but still files and/or hardcoded stuff could differ (that is for sure with the music and sound fx), so are you willed to help us with sending us your copy or not?
Dwyloc wrote:
Sordid wrote:I don't know if this belongs into the bug tracker: In the German Version (International version with german subtitles) the option "text" and "speech & text" are interchanged (in German: "Text" & "Stimmen & Text").
I am seen the same problem with the English CD version as well. I have voice only selected in the options menu, but I get subtitles as well and if I change the option to voice and text I get only text.
add a bug tracker item and assign it to vinterstum, please.
clem

Post by clem »

might also be worth pointing out the wiki at http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Kyra

I could edit it, but I don't know what's still relevant in there

clem
pin

Post by pin »

hi does this work on the psp yet?
i did give it a go but it gave me the error that there was no game found in directory :(
thanks
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

pin wrote:hi does this work on the psp yet?
i did give it a go but it gave me the error that there was no game found in directory :(
thanks
If there are any up to date svn builds of the psp port you should be able to test it, if not you need to build scummvm for the psp yourself or find somebody who does it for you (or simply try the win32 snapshot if you use windows).
MetaFox

Post by MetaFox »

LordHoto wrote:
thanks
If there are any up to date svn builds of the psp port you should be able to test it, if not you need to build scummvm for the psp yourself or find somebody who does it for you (or simply try the win32 snapshot if you use windows).
I'm not sure. The Dreamcast build gives a no game error as well while it works fine in Windows, so it could be that he is indeed using a daily build.

I never submitted a bug report for this, as I saw in the todo that the detection support needed fine-tuning in the kyra todo - so I figured it was a known bug.
pin

Post by pin »

Hi ,,than ks for the quick reply. I am using the 0.82 version for PSP.
Maybe I am being daft but I can't see any daily builds for PSP, am I looking in the right place?

http://www.scummvm.org/daily/

ta
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

pin wrote:Hi ,,than ks for the quick reply. I am using the 0.82 version for PSP.
Maybe I am being daft but I can't see any daily builds for PSP, am I looking in the right place?

http://www.scummvm.org/daily/

ta
This link was posted in the PSP subforum on this board, that would be your best bet:

http://scummvm.dc-france.com/scummvm-psp.html

This isn't a daily build though, so bugs you encounter with Kyra in this version might not be relevant anymore.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

MetaFox wrote: I never submitted a bug report for this, as I saw in the todo that the detection support needed fine-tuning in the kyra todo - so I figured it was a known bug.
well there is no known bug in the detection, so file a bug report. (also I can't see any todo entry from kyra that talks about a bug in the detector)
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

MetaFox wrote:
LordHoto wrote:
thanks
I'm not sure. The Dreamcast build gives a no game error as well while it works fine in Windows, so it could be that he is indeed using a daily build.

I never submitted a bug report for this, as I saw in the todo that the detection support needed fine-tuning in the kyra todo - so I figured it was a known bug.

And please note that Kyra isn't enabled at all in version 0.8.2, no matter the platform. You -need- a Subversion build (meaning a build made for testing purposes from our development sources), which may not be available for all platforms (unless you build it yourself).
pin

Post by pin »

Thank you. I will give that a try and report back.
pin

Post by pin »

hi,,gave it a try but scummvm won't even load, it turns the psp off aafter about 10 sec. I'm uing the latest version of the eloader btw.
Nevermind , it was worth a try - I'll have to wait for the next release.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

this usually happens when you're missing kyra.dat - you need to download this too in the game's folder. You can find it in the downloads page

btw I can't download kyra.dat - I get a 503 Service Unavailable error