Hidden "credits" in Putt-Putt's Dog on a Stick

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Supper

Hidden "credits" in Putt-Putt's Dog on a Stick

Post by Supper »

While looking through the graphics of Putt-Putt and Pep's Dog on a Stick with a utility I recently released, I found some images for what seems to be a set of joke or placeholder credits. (Apparently embedding images flags my post as spam, so see http://imgur.com/a/IxyC0 for some pictures.)

After a little fiddling with the debugger, I found that these can be partially enabled, with incorrect palettes, by going to room 4 (the ending) and force-starting script 200 for the animations and script 202 for the credits scroll.

If other Humongous games are anything to go by, there's probably a more correct way to access this. There's a suspicious-looking entry for "_TeamMatt" in the script that handles INI settings, but I don't know how to look into things further than that. If anyone with the skill and inclination is willing to investigate, I'd really appreciate it.
Supper

Post by Supper »

I recently took another look at this. Turns out the INI settings were unrelated and the code to start the sequence was removed, but it's not too hard to tweak the scripts to get it working the way it was probably supposed to. Here's what it looks like in action.

If anyone's curious, there's a good chunk of other unused stuff in the game, partially documented here.
NoiZje

Post by NoiZje »

Nice website, thanks!
Alphaleon

Post by Alphaleon »

Nice work! This was really cool to check out.