Monkey 1 and 2 Soundtrack [SB16 or ScummVM emulation]

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

elmonotremendo

Monkey 1 and 2 Soundtrack [SB16 or ScummVM emulation]

Post by elmonotremendo »

Hey guys! I've searched a lot, but I didn't find the soundtrackof the Monkey 1 and 2 played in the Soundblaster 16 or ScummVM/DOSBox emulation.

I've found the PC Speaker, the Amiga, the Special Edition, and the Roland MT-32 version, but no SB16 version !? :?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Try AdLib.
jepael

Re: Monkey 1 and 2 Soundtrack [SB16 or ScummVM emulation]

Post by jepael »

elmonotremendo wrote: I've found the PC Speaker, the Amiga, the Special Edition, and the Roland MT-32 version, but no SB16 version !? :?
The music only uses FM synthesis portion of a sound card. The SB16 has either native OPL3 chip (YMF262) or similar (identical?) synthesis part is integrated into the chipset.

Originally an OPL2 chip (YM3812) was used in sound cards (Adlib and early Sound Blasters). I believe it is the Adlib version what you are looking for.
elmonotremendo

Post by elmonotremendo »

Well, Adlib.
However couldn't find it... It seems that most people prefer the Special Edition or MT-32 version
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

elmonotremendo wrote:Well, Adlib.
However couldn't find it... It seems that most people prefer the Special Edition or MT-32 version
Where are you looking?
elmonotremendo

Post by elmonotremendo »

I looked at mixnmojo, and the first 20 pages of the google search "monkey island original soundtrack", "monkey island ost adlib", "monkey island soundblaster ost"...