Simon the Sorcerer Soundtrack FLAC Lossless Available

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

JamesWoodcock

Simon the Sorcerer Soundtrack FLAC Lossless Available

Post by JamesWoodcock »

FLAC lossless audio has been a requested feature of my ScummVM Music Enhancement Project for many years and I am happy to announce that my Simon the Sorcerer enhanced soundtrack now includes this as an option for download.

LINK: Simon the Sorcerer Enhanced Soundtrack Version 2.2 Released – FLAC Lossless Audio
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

Discworld v2.1 with FLAC lossless added as well...

LINK: My Discworld Enhanced Soundtrack Released v2.1 – FLAC Lossless Audio Included
KevinW

Post by KevinW »

I really like the idea of enhanced soundtracks and once started a project like this with real instruments, but that ended up being too time consuming. So I was glad to follow your project and appreciate all your work. :)

For my taste, there's still too much reverb and compression on those tracks, which makes the mix sound very diffuse, 'overcrowded' and pumping at times. (e.g. track03, 04 or 36) But I assume, you were going for that sound? Still, a flac-version with more dynamics (or even without compression) would be nice. That's just my 2 cents.
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

Thanks for your input, I will consider taking another look in the future with those points in mind.
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

Version 2.3 release for Simon the Sorcerer:
http://www.jameswoodcock.co.uk/2013/05/ ... mastering/