Touché: Music Enhanced Soundtrack Released

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Touché: Music Enhanced Soundtrack Released

Post by Strangerke »

James Woodcock has today released his enhanced music for classic point & click adventure game Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer, as part of his 'ScummVM Music Enhancement Project'.

By adding the external digital music files provided for free by James and with our ScummVM software, users can enjoy the updated soundtrack within the actual title as it is played.

Using modern MIDI hardware, James edits the original MIDI information and records them as external digital music files. Developers of ScummVM then add code so the newly created files will work within the titles.

"ScummVM has always inspired my involvement and although I am not a programmer, I hope my ScummVM Music Enhancement Project adds a little extra enjoyment to users of this fine point and click adventure software." says James Woodcock, creator of the enhanced soundtrack.

James has previously released other enhanced soundtracks for titles including:
- Beneath A Steel Sky
- Discworld
- Inherit the Earth
- Simon the Sorcerer
- The 7th Guest
To download the enhanced soundtrack, click there.
Addison

Post by Addison »

Omygosh!

Thank you James. <3
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

My pleasure :)

Thanks to the ScummVM team also for their support and the code that made it possible for my enhanced music to be used within the game.
NoiZje

Post by NoiZje »

Awesome work!

I was thinking of doing some work on leveling the speech volume. Currently it is all over the place and I find myself adjusting the music volume more than once during gameplay. Anyone knows what format the Vxxx files are?
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

Yes the speech can be a bit up and down on levels from one clip to another. I hope someone can assist your efforts.
TRoss

Post by TRoss »

NoiZje wrote:Awesome work!

I was thinking of doing some work on leveling the speech volume. Currently it is all over the place and I find myself adjusting the music volume more than once during gameplay. Anyone knows what format the Vxxx files are?
I'm not an expert, but could ScummVM Tools help? You can use them to compress and pack Touche speech files ('Vxxx' and 'OBJ') to MP3, Vorbis or FLAC. Adjusting the volume of any of the three formats should be easier.
ScummVM Tools can be found in the Downloads section.