B.A.S.S. - Amiga and demo versions

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

marzipan

B.A.S.S. - Amiga and demo versions

Post by marzipan »

Might as well ask, what's the obstacle or obstacles hindering support of these?

I seem to recall it being said a decade(!) ago that these versions wouldn't be supported, but I took that to mean it would just take a bit longer for them to work. I understand that the file structure in the Amiga version is different to that of the DOS version, but there can't be that much else difference between them, and both are technically Virtual Engine, yes?

I also notice that the demos page mentions that the B.A.S.S. demos aren't supported for "technical reasons", but it doesn't give much more explanation, plus it confuses me as they still use a DNR+DSK format like the full version, so is it really just lack of free time? =[

Don't take this as a gripe or a moan btw, I'm just being curious.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Re: B.A.S.S. - Amiga and demo versions

Post by Raziel »

marzipan wrote:Might as well ask, what's the obstacle or obstacles hindering support of these?

I seem to recall it being said a decade(!) ago that these versions wouldn't be supported, but I took that to mean it would just take a bit longer for them to work. I understand that the file structure in the Amiga version is different to that of the DOS version, but there can't be that much else difference between them, and both are technically Virtual Engine, yes?

I also notice that the demos page mentions that the B.A.S.S. demos aren't supported for "technical reasons", but it doesn't give much more explanation, plus it confuses me as they still use a DNR+DSK format like the full version, so is it really just lack of free time? =[

Don't take this as a gripe or a moan btw, I'm just being curious.
iirc the reason back then was "lack of people wanting to support a version of a game that can be downloaded legally in a superior format"

Dunno if this still stands, but i can understand it