What is the current state of the project?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

LunaVorax

What is the current state of the project?

Post by LunaVorax »

This question is aimed at the developpers.
I would like to know your view and know your feeling about the current state of ScummVM.

Is it active as always? Is it dormant? In a coma? Will DrMcCoy ever work again on the Gob engine?
Let me know!
clone2727
Retired

Re: What is the current state of the project?

Post by clone2727 »

LunaVorax wrote:Will DrMcCoy ever work again on the Gob engine?
While I have cracked wise with regards to this many times over the years, DrMcCoy actually has completed most of the Gob games. There's not much left to be done that's not partially a space shooter.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

LunaVorax wrote: Is it active as always? Is it dormant? In a coma? Will DrMcCoy ever work again on the Gob engine?
Let me know!
Seems about as active as always to me, in that on most days there are things happening somewhere in the project. Of course, there are individual engines where nothing has happened for a long time, but in many cases that's probably because there are no known game-breaking bugs, or because the ones that are known are in versions of the games that none of the currently active developers have.
Collector

Post by Collector »

clone2727 wrote:
While I have cracked wise with regards to this many times over the years, DrMcCoy actually has completed most of the Gob games. There's not much left to be done that's not partially a space shooter.
And isn't the problem there because some of it is hard coded like in the Incas and The Last Dynasty?
LunaVorax

Post by LunaVorax »

clone2727 wrote:
I was referring to the ADI and Adibou games.
DrMcCoy started working on it and never really finished it.