Dreamfall Chapters (The Longest Journey) Kickstarter

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

marticus

Dreamfall Chapters (The Longest Journey) Kickstarter

Post by marticus »

I am surprised noone has mentioned it yet, and it's got ~$750,000 in the handful of days it's been up.

Kickstarter Link

Since TLJ is arguably (go on, argue) the best adventure ever, I'm excited for this one.
Bobbin

Post by Bobbin »

I was in with my $110 pledge five minutes after the Kickstarter but I have to admit - I'm surprised it earned so much money so fast. It's been many years since Dreamfall and the franchise seemed close to being forgotten already. It's not like Funcom did Director's Cut versions like Revolution or ported their games over to iOS like Pendulo.

But now they are $20.000 short of beating Broken Sword which was the second most successful Kickstarter adventure ever, right after the "Double Fine Adventure". Btw, at $765.000 Ragnar will post the stretch goals, should be today.
cappuchok

Post by cappuchok »

Pledged, and looking forward to release date. Now I'm only sad I missed the Double Fine Kickstarter, but oh well... On a side note, Kickstarter really seems to be giving classic developers a new chance to return to their franchises, what with David Braben, Peter Molyneaux, Tim Shafer, Obsidian, Revolution, Black Forest (new iteration of Armin Gessert's Spellbound Studios) and many others having recieved LOTS of funding for their retro-focused projects recently. It's GOOD times!
marticus

Post by marticus »

cappuchok wrote:Now I'm only sad I missed the Double Fine Kickstarter, but oh well...
You can still become a Slacker Backer.
Larson

Post by Larson »

I put in $250! I have waited for the completion of this fantastic saga for too many years now. Seems like we will get Linux support as well. Really... can't wait :)
ScottT
ScummVM Developer

Post by ScottT »

Had my pledge in early-on as well (and have bumped it up one tier since). Certainly looking forward to some more of the story :D