Monkey Island I everywhere

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

arathron

Monkey Island I everywhere

Post by arathron »

I wanted to share this picture I take of Monkey Island running on many different platforms.

Sorry for the bad quality picture (almost every camera I had could also play the game and so I wanted to add in the picture)

I remember the days when to play this game I had to put the CD on the new 486. It is amazing how so different hardware can now run the same software that was made with only a very specific platform on mind.

The picture shows (from top to botton and left to right)
1) Main screen with 6 windows of scummvm
2) Samsung Galaxy Note (cell phone)
3) Samsung Galaxy S2
4) Samsung Galaxy Young
5) Nokia N97
6) Netbook, under ubuntu
7) Samsung Galaxy Note (tablet)
8) Chinesse Apad.

Thank you!
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Re: Monkey Island I everywhere

Post by dreammaster »

arathron wrote:I wanted to share this picture I take of Monkey Island running on many different platforms.
That's a lot of Monkeys. :) I wonder if anyone will be able to top it with even more systems.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

More diversity would be more different versions and graphic modes of the game itself, ie. Amiga and Sega along with the PC enhanced CD and disk version and the VGA version also in EGA mode and the EGA version also in CGA and Hercules modes. And of course the Special Edition as well.
CaptainJei

Post by CaptainJei »

And I thought *I* was extreme for owning four different versions of it...
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

I thought I would count up the different platforms I have/had ScummVM for. It turns out that it is actually equal if I count seperate OSes. (Although, I don't use it on most of my platforms now)

1. Windows
2. Ubuntu
3. Android
4. iOS (No longer have because my iPod Touch is no longer jailbroken)
5. Nokia S60v3 (No longer use)
6. Dreamcast (Very rarely use due to lack of CDs to write games to)
7. DS (Very rarely use now I have my Android)
8. Wii
chrisis

Post by chrisis »

Here are the ifferent operating systems I run and ran ScummVM in the past, if I counted the number of devices it probably would be somewhere in the 30s and I'd probably forget a few anyway. I started using it back in the 0.1 days I think with basically only Monnkey Island 2 (and to an extent Fate of Atlantis) fully supported ;)

Windows (various versions starting from probably Windows 95; desktop computers, notebooks, netbooks)
Linux (various distributions over the years; desktop computers, notebooks, netbooks...)
Free BSD (only tried it once on my PC, but of course I tried ScummVM on it)
Mac OS9 on an old iMac (some very old ScummVM version)
Mac OSX
Nintendo DS (Phat and Lite)
iOS (iPod Touch first gen)
Android (various phones and tablets, I currently own 4 android devices - though some unused - and all have ScummVM on them)
Wii (don't own it anymore)
Dreamcast