Dreamweb Released As Freeware

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

You may consider as freeware only those packages which were published by ScummVM Team and which have the corresponding license attached to the release.

As of other versions, there is a request to contact us if you own original release not yet published. Then we check the validity of release (it's unmodified state), and consult with the rights owner on the freeware status. If everything is OK, the package gets published officially. The rest is so far could be considered as piracy.

So if you own the versions in question, please drop a mail to lechuck@scummvm.org

Eugene
Cire

Post by Cire »

Ok, good to know. I've played Dreamweb a bit in the last few days and I've encountered a couple of crashes so far. Trying to use the CD box in Eden's bedroom crashes ScummVM. Likewise, trying to use a certain one of the lights in Eden's garage also causes a crash. I'm using Dreamweb UK CD version with ScummVM 1.5 Windows 32-bit.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Cire wrote:Trying to use the CD box in Eden's bedroom crashes ScummVM.
I was able to reproduce that once, but so far not again. (For a while I thought it depended on which of the two CD boxes I used.) For reference, in my case it said:

scummvm: ./engines/dreamweb/structs.h:350: const uint8* DreamWeb::GraphicsFile::getFrameData(unsigned int) const: Assertion `i < 346' failed.

In one case when I tried, it inserted a blank line in the message it printed when I tried to use the box. Something is behaving not quite predictably...
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Cire wrote:Ok, good to know. I've played Dreamweb a bit in the last few days and I've encountered a couple of crashes so far. Trying to use the CD box in Eden's bedroom crashes ScummVM. Likewise, trying to use a certain one of the lights in Eden's garage also causes a crash. I'm using Dreamweb UK CD version with ScummVM 1.5 Windows 32-bit.
Thanks to debugging efforts by eriktorbjorn, we were able to find the actual cause of these crashes: some game texts contain leftover non-printable characters (tabs), which caused the engine to crash. These are now filtered out. The fix should be available in tomorrow's daily builds.
nilsbyte

Post by nilsbyte »

i loved this game back in the days. very cool atmosphere.
meego

Post by meego »

There is a bug in the church, if you pick up one of the last remaining stones at the upper right beside the cart I get a pixelated screen. :-(
meego

Post by meego »

BTW: Anyone heard anything of these?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx0J8PbLaoo
Any news there?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

meego wrote:There is a bug in the church, if you pick up one of the last remaining stones at the upper right beside the cart I get a pixelated screen. :-(
Please, file a bug report
meego

Post by meego »

Where and how?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

meego

Post by meego »

md5 wrote:
meego wrote:Where and how?
http://www.scummvm.org/faq/#question.report-bugs
Oh no boy, not another account for me. Find a better way of doing this.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

meego wrote:
md5 wrote:
meego wrote:Where and how?
http://www.scummvm.org/faq/#question.report-bugs
Oh no boy, not another account for me. Find a better way of doing this.
You need to register to create an account on sf.net and submit bug reports to our tracker, as we don't accept anonymous users to submit new bugs, for obvious reasons (mainly, avoiding excessive spam). Alternatively, you can use OpenID or a Google account.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

meego wrote:There is a bug in the church, if you pick up one of the last remaining stones at the upper right beside the cart I get a pixelated screen. :-(
For what it's worth, I had no problem picking up the rocks and putting them all in the cart when I try it. Of course, I don't know if what I did is even remotely comparable to what you did, because I don't even know what operating system you're using, something may have happened earlier in the game that made your savegame much different from mine, you could be using a different version of the game than I do, and so on.

But as has already been pointed out, the bug tracker is much more useful for bug reports. There, files (such as savegames) can be attached to the report, and the bug report is less likely to be forgotten once the initial discussion has died down. (And yes, I know there are some very old bugs in the bug tracker that remain unfixed. But they still have a much better chance there than they would have in the forums.)
meego

Post by meego »

eriktorbjorn wrote: For what it's worth, I had no problem picking up the rocks and putting them all in the cart when I try it. Of course, I don't know if what I did is even remotely comparable to what you did, because I don't even know what operating system you're using, something may have happened earlier in the game that made your savegame much different from mine, you could be using a different version of the game than I do, and so on.
I have used the english version (which can be downloaded here) on Windows XP. You have to pick up all stones and put them in the cart in this game. It happened by trying to pick up stone number 6.
Cire

Post by Cire »

The Amiga version is for sale here: http://viewitem.eim.ebay.se/DREAMWEB-AM ... 96422/item