Eco adventure games list

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

simonbelmont2

Eco adventure games list

Post by simonbelmont2 »

Here is the list:
- EcoQuest: The Search for Cetus;
- EcoQuest II: Lost Secret of the Rainforest;
- Once Upon a Forest;

REQUIREMENTS:
- The games to be point and click adventure style;
- The games to have cartoon animation style (like Day of the Tentacle, Loom, The Dig, Full Throttle etc; you know);
- The games to be 2D, maxim 2.5D;
- The games can be fanmade or originals;
- All platforms are accepted (Windows, Console etc; you know).

Thanks!
Last edited by simonbelmont2 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

The first title I have in mind is Forestia. It may be a bit obscure, it may be French only...

Then of course, there's Ecco the Dolphin. Maybe also you could be interested in Arthur's Absolute Fun Day, or some of the HE games (Marine Malice, and maybe a pajama Sam game)

You also, maybe could consider the games where you recycle things, such as DoTT (recycling object through time) and SQ3 (you are "recycled" as a space trash).

And not but not least: Mario Bros, the most recycled character ever!
simonbelmont2

Post by simonbelmont2 »

Thanks Strangerke. Didn't know about Ecco the Dolphin :)
Anyone else knows other games?
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Maybe you could take a look at Biosys, too. You play an eco-activist trapped in a biodome.

And Wall-E, obviously.

And finally, I almost forgot OUAF (Once Upon A Forest), which clearly has a strong ecological message.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Just to add something, take also a look at "Amerzone". I haven't played it, but the comics it's based on is really incredible with a very nice ecological message.

Exactly the same for "The quest of the time-bird", though sadly the DOS version didn't age that well (CGA only)
Last edited by Strangerke on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simonbelmont2

Post by simonbelmont2 »

Didn't know about game Once Upon A Forest :shock: And the graphics are beautiful :D
In the first place I was thinking to make the thread only adventure games but the only Eco games I found were EcoQuest (thinking they are the only; silly me :oops: ) and then added platform etc.
Now I've updated the thread with what I want :wink:
Thank you Strangerke for your help!
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Hum... It's becoming hard :P

Did you check "Dora the Explorer: Animal Adventures"? Also for kids, I remember that some "Magic School Bus" titles were oriented towards nature and ecology. For older kids, there's a French series named "C'est pas sorcier" released by Mindscape. No idea if it has been translated nor, if so, the title, but they release at least 5 or 6 games all more or less oriented towards nature and ecology.

In another genre, you could take a look at 'Robinson Requiem'. Maybe it doesn't fit your definition exactly, but the ambiance is nice.

I also have in mind 'Worlds of Ultima: Savage Empire'. And in the exact opposite genre (post apocalypse), 'Burntime' and 'Wasteland'.

Also may I suggest the 5th Element because "It's super-green!"... O:^)
koima57

Post by koima57 »

Hello, i thought to mention "A New Beginning", all about ecology from the makers of The Whispered World.

http://www.anewbeginning-game.de/index.php/home-en.html