The 7th Guest Enhanced Soundtrack Released by James Woodcock

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

The 7th Guest Enhanced Soundtrack Released by James Woodcock

Post by Strangerke »

As part of the ScummVM Music Enhancement Project, James has released version 1.0 of
his enhanced soundtrack for The 7th Guest.

The 7th Guest is James' 5th enhanced soundtrack released so far with another on the horizon.
The project enables users of ScummVM who own the original game the ability to experience
game MIDI music through high quality modern equipment without any of the cost, which has
been in this case edited and recorded on James' Tyros4 keyboard, currently Yamaha's
flagship model.

"The 7th Guest revolutionised the way in which we experience video games and the
soundtrack originally created by The Fat Man added to the overall atmosphere and
splendour"
commented James Woodcock, creator of the ScummVM Music Enhancement
Project. James continued "With the wonderful soundtrack originally in MIDI format,
it was an obvious title to target for enhancement and I appreciated that Trilobyte Games
gave their blessing"

James has already released enhanced soundtracks for Simon the Sorcerer, Discworld, Inherit
the Earth and more recently Beneath A Steel Sky.

You can download the enhanced soundtrack that is compatible with ScummVM 1.5.0 and watch
a video of it in action by visiting James' website below:
The 7th Guest Enhanced Soundtrack & Video
koima57

Post by koima57 »

Thank you Mr. James Woodcock i really liked your work on Inherit the Earth!!

I have the 3 other games with your enhanced soundtrack ready to play someday.

But i will have to pass on this one i fear, since i could not stand the ton of puzzles style of Myst and this particular engine with a 360° panoramic lens view gives me nausea.. Disliked Sherlock Holmes Mystery of the Mummy as well for the same reasons but i plan to try Post Mortem game someday soon and hopefully it will both make sense to me and not get me motion sick! ^^

So thanks again for the dedicated fan work it is truely amazing, just from the trailer!!
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

Thank you for your kind comments :)
Smothermunchie

Post by Smothermunchie »

Omygosh!

Thank you so much James!

I'll definitely check this out tonight.

Joy! :D
wiiman2012

Post by wiiman2012 »

Sadly, all this seems to be gone now?

All I get after clicking the links is the owner doesn't have a website. A quick search on google, brings me to tha same thing!
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

Sorry site had a server upgrade while I was away, hopefully fixed it this morning.