ScummVM 1.5.0 Windows x64

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

NiQ

ScummVM 1.5.0 Windows x64

Post by NiQ »

Download from here --> Download link <--

Note: This is unofficial. I'm in no way related to the ScummVM team, just downloaded the sources and compiled.
Make sure you have MSVC10 x64 redistributable installed.
icanntspell

Post by icanntspell »

Have you tried compiling the freetype library staticly and linking it in the binary as well? I failed doing so for w32 (still hoping that the library will be included in the .zip file with all the other libraries).
NiQ

Post by NiQ »

icanntspell wrote:Have you tried compiling the freetype library staticly and linking it in the binary as well? I failed doing so for w32 (still hoping that the library will be included in the .zip file with all the other libraries).
Yeah, it works, NP, just make sure you download the latest sources (version 2.4.10).
icanntspell

Post by icanntspell »

NiQ wrote:
icanntspell wrote:Have you tried compiling the freetype library staticly and linking it in the binary as well? I failed doing so for w32 (still hoping that the library will be included in the .zip file with all the other libraries).
Yeah, it works, NP, just make sure you download the latest sources (version 2.4.10).
Your zip file contains a dynamicly linked one, not static. If you got the static working, why do you still use the dynamic one?
koima57

Post by koima57 »

Hi, any notable difference from the official released version?
R1984

Post by R1984 »

Hi,

I was wondering why there is no official x64 release and if the official release is good for my x64 system?

Thank you.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

R1984 wrote:Hi,

I was wondering why there is no official x64 release and if the official release is good for my x64 system?

Thank you.
The 32-bit version works in both 32 and 64 bit Windows
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

As [md5] indicated, the release Win32 version can be used on Win64 without issues AFAIK and there is little gain for building this as a 64-bit build.

The developer who used to produce these used a Win64 MSVC, but not long has access to this.

It should be possible to use MinGW to build a version.
In fact, buildbot already does this using MinGW64:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html

While not necessary, we probably ought to provide an official x64 build... or the users will tend to end up downloading random third-party builds, which could contain malicious code or just be a maintenance/support headache.
NiQ

Post by NiQ »

Bumping because I had some free time again recently so here's ScummVM v1.6.0 Windows x64
--> Download <--

This time everything's compiled from scratch, even libraries, and no CRT is needed. :)