scummVM-1.4.1-steam.zip--does anyone have this file?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Alpheon

scummVM-1.4.1-steam.zip--does anyone have this file?

Post by Alpheon »

On icanntspell's website (http://scummvm.bencastricum.nl/), he has an awesome patch meant to do what it takes to play the LucasArts Steam adventure games through ScummVM. This is a capability that very much interests me. The compiled binary version of the patch, scummVM-1.4.1-steam.zip, is a dead link these days, though. :( Does anyone here have it? I would be SO GRATEFUL.

Or, if you don't have the file, can you guide me as to how to apply the .patch code to my Windows installations? That would be equally as helpful! Thanks!
Mim

Re: scummVM-1.4.1-steam.zip--does anyone have this file?

Post by Mim »

Alpheon wrote:The compiled binary version of the patch, scummVM-1.4.1-steam.zip, is a dead link these days, though.
The link works here, I can download it without a problem.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

Alpheon wrote:can you guide me as to how to apply the .patch code to my Windows installations?
Patches like these are source code modifications so
Step 1: Compile scummvm from source
Step 2: Apply the patch to the source code
Step 3: compile again

Maybe not the answer you wanted to hear :?
icanntspell

Post by icanntspell »

Alpheon wrote:On icanntspell's website (http://scummvm.bencastricum.nl/), he has an awesome patch meant to do what it takes to play the LucasArts Steam adventure games through ScummVM. This is a capability that very much interests me. The compiled binary version of the patch, scummVM-1.4.1-steam.zip, is a dead link these days, though. :( Does anyone here have it? I would be SO GRATEFUL.

Or, if you don't have the file, can you guide me as to how to apply the .patch code to my Windows installations? That would be equally as helpful! Thanks!
The filename should be all lower case. I fixed the links last week, if you still have dead links refreshing the page may help (F5 in most browsers).
Alpheon

Post by Alpheon »

icanntspell wrote:The filename should be all lower case. I fixed the links last week, if you still have dead links refreshing the page may help (F5 in most browsers).
Huh. Yeah, F5'ing it did the trick...before that, it was always saying "file not found on this server." Well, thanks for the rescue. :)